• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower speakers?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my 05 what size tower speaker with fit under my tower without effecting the Bimini top?

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can easily modify the front bimini legs so that they collapse to go under the wake speakers... then can be extended again after they clear.

I did this on mine, it was simple to do but I'm having trouble finding the original thread. More or less, you get some tubing big enough so that the original tubing will fit inside it. Get the end caps for it as well so you can bolt it the same as the original leg ends. Cut the original leg end off and shorten it as needed... drill a hole in the larger tubing and add a push button in the smaller (original) tube so it will snap into the proper position when extending it again. Voila, you now have telescoping front legs on your bimini.

I'd take pics but my boat isn't around right now...

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
simple answer, none....

the infinity 6100's came on my boat and w/the leg mod they sort of fit (still pressed on the bimini and stretched the fabric out)....upgraded to Pro80's and it was even worse, now I have Pro80's and MB8's and there's no way that it will go....

I ended up flipping the speakers so that they are on top of the tower and now I can use the bimini like it was designed :) the unfortunate thing is that using it w/the Infinity's for as long as I did stretched the material enough that it isn't really tight in between the back 2poles anymore

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
simple answer, none....
None? That's a bit strong. I agree the Pro80's won't fit but that's far from "none". I have four 6x9's under my tower. The AR230s already have collapsable Bimini poles and some speakers can fit without modification. I did a simple mod to my poles to allow them to collapse more but they still extend back out to original height.

My boat has the red Bimini on the left. The boat in the center is an example of another option
image.jpg

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I apologize, my boat is an 07 & different layout than the 05, it appears from the pic above that the tower/bimini come close together in different places that they do on my boat....after I flipped my speakers over I measured and there is approx 8" between the bottom of the rear bar on the tower & top of where my Bimini should be at the closest point

Also, my feeling on this is very strong...I'm somewhat OCD & it bothers me that the fabric is stretched & "droopy" due to my mistake of doing this, so I'm sort of voicing my anger towards myself in my replies

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah...I'm not adding speakers. It's not worth the trouble. The wife never let's me play my music loud anyway.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if it's not for wake boarding you'd be perfectly fine with upgrading to stock speakers...you can even power them off the head unit if she won't let you play it very loud...getting rid of those stock speakers will make a world of difference....she might even enjoy the sound quality enough to tolerate you adding an amp:woot:

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know it would but I've built trucks and motorcycles in the past spending thousands of dollars and didn't love them anymore than I did in the past. I just sold a truck I put close to 80,000 dollars in and sold it for 6000. Not doing that again.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah...I'm not adding speakers. It's not worth the trouble. The wife never let's me play my music loud anyway.
That just made me LOL!!! Maybe because my wife hates loud music too!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Without tower speakers, the cockpit speakers need to be played a lot louder when you're outside the boat. If you're floating or hanging out on the beach, tower speakers allow you to hear the music without blasting the in-boat speakers.