• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling motor mount on Yamaha 275ds

Jeff p

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
New member and new owner of a 2020 Yamaha 275sd. Looking to mount a 60” 36 volt Minn kota ulterra on the port side of the bow . Has anyone done this ? If so, How have you leveled out the curved shape of the bow to mount it so the trolling motor is level? Is there access under the bow to install lug bolts for the trolling motor ? Where have you put the batteries ? I have not taken possession of the boat yet so will have more familiarity once I can get my hands on it . Also ., has anyone mounted pedestal seats on the swim platform? There are flush mount brackets available with a recessed hole in them for the post . Is the swim platform solid fiberglass or is it hollow inside ? That way I will know if I need to surface mount the flush mount brackets or if I could bolt thru the platform .lastly ., is the front step in the bow accessible from underneath? Same situation as in the stern , need to know if I have to surface mount a pedestal bracketOr if I can bolt thru. Sorry for the ramblings and all the questions , yet I want to be able to fish out of this beauty ! Many thanks in advance !!

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I have a '22 275SD and don't have answers to all of your questions but I can answer some of them about the swim platform since I installed Lectrotabs and a Garmin Chartplotter a couple of months ago.

The swim platform is hollow. There is some access through the inspection ports under the port and starboard aft seating. If you installed a surface mount for swivel seats, you would need to make sure it is completely sealed up. Otherwise you will have water leaking into the bilge..... and you get a lot of water onto the swim platform at times.

The 275 comes with swim up seating and I suspect the area in the swim platform was reinforced where the mounts for the seats are placed on the bottom of the swim platform. Maybe you could fabricate a square aluminum tube that is U-shaped that fits into the swim-up seat mounts and then comes back over top of the swim platform and then have a seat mount over the other end of the U. Although I would also want to have some type of adjustable support on the bottom of the U that rests against the top of the swim platform so as not to put too much torque on the fiberglass where the mounts are located under the swim platform.

Last edited:

Jeff p

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Great minds ! Thank you for the response . I was thinking the same thing with regards to a custom fabricated mount that fits into the seat / table mount under the swim platform .

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New member and new owner of a 2020 Yamaha 275sd. Looking to mount a 60” 36 volt Minn kota ulterra on the port side of the bow . Has anyone done this ? If so, How have you leveled out the curved shape of the bow to mount it so the trolling motor is level? Is there access under the bow to install lug bolts for the trolling motor ? Where have you put the batteries ? I have not taken possession of the boat yet so will have more familiarity once I can get my hands on it . Also ., has anyone mounted pedestal seats on the swim platform? There are flush mount brackets available with a recessed hole in them for the post . Is the swim platform solid fiberglass or is it hollow inside ? That way I will know if I need to surface mount the flush mount brackets or if I could bolt thru the platform .lastly ., is the front step in the bow accessible from underneath? Same situation as in the stern , need to know if I have to surface mount a pedestal bracketOr if I can bolt thru. Sorry for the ramblings and all the questions , yet I want to be able to fish out of this beauty ! Many thanks in advance !!
This is probably the best discussion on trolling motor mounts that you'll find on this site. Even though its for a different boat, the issues will be similar.

Jeff p

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Great thread ! Thanks