• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Welcome to the Wisconsin and Minnesota Regional Forum!!

vwallat99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Appreciate it.

Cheap fun that's for sure. I know they get somewhat of a bad rep with the merc motors but I've loved mine and certainly have a lot of fun with it. Will be looking to upgrade at some point but it's got me wanting to stick with Jet-Boats that is for sure.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Appreciate it.

Cheap fun that's for sure. I know they get somewhat of a bad rep with the merc motors but I've loved mine and certainly have a lot of fun with it. Will be looking to upgrade at some point but it's got me wanting to stick with Jet-Boats that is for sure.
Our X20 was based on a Challenger 2000. That hull was really good. Not the driest ride, but fun. The merc 240 was solid, but the fear of it grenading made me sell it finally. It was in good shape when sold.

1704926860954.png

vwallat99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Nice that does look like it was in good shape. I think that's part of the fun of it that you can splash around and make it a thrill ride. How did it go wake boarding with yours?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice that does look like it was in good shape. I think that's part of the fun of it that you can splash around and make it a thrill ride. How did it go wake boarding with yours?
Wakeboarding was fine actually. We would drop a fat sac in the ski locker. Or we would put more folks on the sundeck when surfing. Being a single engine, it put up a smooth surf wave, but we had to rope surf.

Some of our surf footage is in the middle of this quick video when we sold it:

The 240efi was plenty powerful. It pushed that 20' boat up past 50 on gps. The factory tower looked nice, and not like an aftermarket add on. It was a great introduction to watersports.

The kids thought tubing off the tower was the best thing in the world. And I know it is highly debated topic, but it was an amazing good time. It was really a great tubing boat.

The swim platform was a tease, that really got my wife to loving the platform on the yamaha boats. I had always wanted one, but didn't have the tow vehicle for it. A 210 would have maxxed out my Chevy Colorado at the time. The X20 towed well. I was on my third Sierra by the time we bought our 242ls.

vwallat99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That's awesome I haven't seen too many of these boats used for Wake Sports.

My 210 18' can get to the 45-47 with just me in it but add a couple more ppl and a tube and mid 30s would be the best it could get to which is plenty when doing that.

That's my current dilemma with my towing capabilities , My challenger is probably maxing my little Wrangler out and my wifes SUV can do a bit more but not sure if I go with the bigger yamaha's without needing a different ride.