• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What’s Your Theory?

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
My Mirage has been relatively trouble-free the last couple of seasons, but I check in here occasionally just to see if there’s any new activity on the Sugar Sand board. I noticed a definite downswing in the number of active threads last year, so I counted how many threads had activity for each year:
table.JPG

It charts like this:
Active threads.JPG

I remember during the lockdowns, boat dealers were running out of inventory in early summer as people wanted some form of recreation while most venues were closed. This likely had a positive effect on used boat purchases too, and owners came to this forum to learn more about their “new baby.”

Now it seems, interest (at least in this forum) appears to be waning. Are we just returning to the mean? Or are boaters losing interest in Sugar Sand boats? Maybe former owners are just pursuing other recreational activities? Or are many boats being junked due to myriad blown engines? What’s your take?

BTW, I took out my “former ex-best friend of 30 years” (long story) on the Mirage for the first time last summer and did some surfing in the 6-foot wake of a big Sunseeker doing about 25 knots. Let me tell you, that was FUN! I had forgotten what a kick I got out of doing that in my SRV195. I also got to take mom out 4 or 5 times, and she just loves the Mirage. Of course, she’s loved ALL my boats, because to her, being on the water is always special.

Strawberry Island
Strawberry Island.jpg

Oh, and the neglected, uncovered Tango down the street? Yeah, blown motor after 18 years of hard use including numerous submarining’s. The owners were thinking of parting it out, so I advised them to post it here as a “Pick-N-Pull special”, but it’s still sitting in their yard after three years, so who knows…

Anyway, now that the seasons have shifted and the crap weather stretches through April here in the Water, Winter Wonderland, anyone else have any new/interesting/fun/not-so-fun stories to share or questions about their Sugar Sand? Speak up!

Lastly…dog tax!
Bed Fail.jpg