• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What Electric Car(s) do you own and what do you think of it?

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
*shakes fist at sky*
ELONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah we just tried it. Didn’t work. How stupid is that? Lol. It should be the exact same.
They might have changed it in V11 - we got rid of ours right before V11. That is annoying though it was a nice work around.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not electric But had a 2008 Civic Hybrid battery was replaced under warranty at 90K took it upto 120K

Had a 2015 VW jetta hybrid warranty was 60K on the drive train transmission died at 65K it was throwing a wrench light that I thought was the oil turns out they had two wrench lights smaller for the oil the larger wrench was for the drive train came on intermittently just before the failure. They would not help out with the cost of the transmission at 6K for the tranny VW can go #%&! themselves. They only had 2500 US Hybrids that had this tranny oher countries that had this transmission in other models all had massive failure rates and were covered by VW

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll be buying a 2024 Ram Revolution, Limited.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2019 Bmw i3 Rex. Love the i3...this is my second. Range is about 165 electric and another 80 gas backup. I really like having the gas backup if I need more range. 266B38E4-B004-4429-BAB7-FE67CFA08E45.jpeg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I still haven't pulled the trigger, but the Ionic 5 is sure interesting! 10-80% charge in just 18 minutes....amazing how the technology is improving!

1664285220040.png

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still haven't pulled the trigger, but the Ionic 5 is sure interesting! 10-80% charge in just 18 minutes....amazing how the technology is improving!

View attachment 188769
My son just sold his (my old) Tesla Model S and bought this.

He likes it, but says he definitely misses the Tesla performance.

Last edited:

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We picked up our MYLR7 a couple of weeks ago and love it. I'm going to get a ticket for exhibition driving. 0-60mph in 4.8s but 10-60mph in less than 2s.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My son just sold his (my old) Tesla Model S and bought this.

He likes it, but says he definitely misses the Tesla performance.
Anything specific to the IONIQ that he likes more than the Tesla?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 188769
Saw a couple of these when I was out in LA a few months ago. They look much better in person than pictures suggest.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

View attachment 188769
Hyundai sure has come a long way since they first imported cars into America in the late 80's.

This is the size vehicle we want as a daily driver. I think we are going to wait two more years, as I think there will be a plethora of new cars available.

Interestingly I passed a Wawa (convenience /gas station ) that had 8 Tesla chargers out front. Thought this was excessive, but I did count four Teslas charging). I think this is part of the future of electric charge stations - you can take a 20 minute break while getting something from the grill and partially charge your car.

Jim

Attachments

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

View attachment 188769
This was a pretty great video outlining what the experience with this car is like:

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hyundai sure has come a long way since they first imported cars into America in the late 80's.

This is the size vehicle we want as a daily driver. I think we are going to wait two more years, as I think there will be a plethora of new cars available.

Interestingly I passed a Wawa (convenience /gas station ) that had 8 Tesla chargers out front. Thought this was excessive, but I did count four Teslas charging). I think this is part of the future of electric charge stations - you can take a 20 minute break while getting something from the grill and partially charge your car.

Jim
I would like to see more enticing charge options provided by retailers/restaurants/roadside stops. e.g. you pop in and spend $X and get a Y% decrease in your charge cost. Or you spend $Z and your charge is free.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anything specific to the IONIQ that he likes more than the Tesla?
Here's his response, with my caveat that the comparison is between an out of warranty 9 year old, 155k mile Tesla to a brand new Ioniq. The difference in charging between my new Tesla and his Ioniq is not significant, nor did the S have autopilot (we both agree that at this point Tesla's AP is way better).

Oh boy. Things I miss:

1. Ease of use. There are some goofy things with the car. The car's navigation isn't as good. You can absolutely just use CarPlay/android auto, but it's not wireless. You also miss out on the car navigating routes through superchargers. You don't get the auto lock of a Tesla. This one is really nitpicking, but all the switches make sense except for one. To increase volume you push up, to increase cruise control speed you push up, to skip to the next song you push down. Just a weird one. I also had to spend some time mapping programmable buttons (which isn't hard, it's just a setting) to get a play/pause button. If you push in on the volume switch, it mutes audio. I'd much rather have a play/pause button, and I have one now, just weird that they chose mute over that.

2. I miss the supercharger infrastructure a bit. Electrify America has been great for me, but it doesn't quite have the reliability of Tesla, yet. Overall I'd be very comfortable driving to an EA station with no range to get anywhere else. Worst case I'd be able to call EA, and they'd reset the station if it was being buggy. I haven't had any problems though, and the issues I've heard of are pretty rare.

3. The app. Kind of goes into ease of use, but the Hyundai app doesn't work nearly as well. It's slow sending commands, and sometimes sends false notifications of my doors being unlocked (not a big deal, I just send a lock request anyway). Also, it's been a pain to interact with google home automations since it requires you to input an account pin for most commands. It's fine for basic things like settings charge limits, but there are features that have a subscription after 3 years that I probably won't pay for.

Things I like more:

1. The drive. The car does what I want it to. Exactly what I want it to. It is such an easy but fun drive. I can set highway driving assist, and as long as I'm not on some winding city road or a really poorly marked road, the car will drive itself. Highways are automatic. The drive can be really fun though. With regen paddles I love shifting down to 1-pedal driving to stop, and shifting out of it feels like I'm driving a manual. It takes some practice, but it's a blast. I thought getting a RWD would be a bit too slow. It's not.

2. The aesthetic. It's simply beautiful. It's surprisingly roomy inside for a relatively small suv. Road-trips are very comfortable. Way more comfortable than a Tesla. The car gets tons of looks and people asking about it.

3. Charging. Yes, I miss the comfort of supercharger infrastructure. However, charging in this car is so much faster. Getting to 80% battery capacity from any state of charge is always less than 30 minutes. The last 20% definitely slows down, but that's expected. Using 350kw chargers is so satisfying and so few cars can actually take advantage of them. Getting free charging for 2 years from EA is also really nice.

4. The warranty and lack of subscriptions. Free maintenance (for tire rotations and basic stuff) for 3 years is nice. I love the 10year/100,000 mile battery warranty, though. I haven't heard of any serious battery problems, which is a great start for a company relatively new to EVs, but knowing that the car is guaranteed for 100,000 miles is really reassuring. I also love that, besides the app, I won't have to choose any functionality of the car for its lifetime due to stupid subscription fees.

To me the choice is easy. It's a cheaper car, and you give up the Tesla ecosystem. That's it. The car has its quirks, but nothing you can't get used to. It's a beautiful, fun car, with guaranteed reliability.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would like to see more enticing charge options provided by retailers/restaurants/roadside stops. e.g. you pop in and spend $X and get a Y% decrease in your charge cost. Or you spend $Z and your charge is free.
You could always go with this option

Attachments

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just picked this up, Club Car(t). Wanted a Yamaha but couldn’t find one View attachment 182865View attachment 182866
thats exactly what I was thinking... I picked up a 1997 EZGO 950 8 passenger had a new motor and I did an axle flip lift like we used to do on the old Willys Jeeps and some 20" rubber... stuck a 1000 lb lift on the back bumper and a 2" receiver on the back bumper... double up the back half of the frame and use it to move trailers around, sling MR-1 engines around, and drive in the annual Christmas buggy parade...

attachment - 2022-01-08T164232.402.jpg

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Model 3 - best car I have ever owned

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I forgot to post some pics so here they are. We have almost 12k miles on it since mid Sept delivery. No issues and just 1 tire rotation that I scheduled through the app and they did in my driveway for $60.

20220902_150555.jpg20220902_125843.jpg20220902_125820.jpg20220902_150542.jpg