• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What would you do, two?

Found a wallet full of cash, What would you do?

• Take the cash and leave the wallet where the owner/truck driver could find it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take and keep the wallet and it’s contents for yourself.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd take it to the police.

Hergy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
While biking at 6 in the morning earlier this week I saw a wallet on the street just outside the driver’s side door of newer truck. The street was in a residential neighborhood with vehicles parked along both sides of it and the truck was parked just outside of a large apartment complex. The wallet was packed with over $500 in cash, cards, receipts and the owners drivers license. The drivers license indicated the owner did not live in the city I was in but one about 30 miles away.

This was not a hypothetical for me and just happened yesterday (Friday, May 6th). I know it’s easy to say, do the right thing, but that could mean different things to different people. I’m looking forward to seeing the responses and can only hope they are honest/sincere.

Additionally, I invite you all to state what you think I did. For additional context, I was with my wife at the time. We try and bike every morning before work an take the same route or close to it.
This is a simple question… return the wallet and contents to the rightful owner.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A few years ago, my wife and I were at Target, shopping. We left the store and as we walked back to our car, we happened to notice a young couple with a stroller walking towards us. It looked as if they came from the car parked next to us. He looked in his early 20s, kinda long hair, avg dressed, and the car was an older, small, not in real good shape vehicle. As we got to our car I looked down and saw a $100 bill on the ground between the 2 cars. I picked it up and looked back at the couple, who were at the front of the store. The guy was looking around on the ground kind of frantically. I walked back to the store and asked him if he lost anything. He was visibly shaken and said he dropped some money. I asked how much and he said a $100 bill. I held it up and said, "Looked like this one?" You cannot believe the look of relief on his face. For all I know this could have BEEN their Christmas. He looked at me....kinda emotional and just said, "Dude.....your awesome!" Made my Christmas!