• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When you're done with that, start looking into bourbon slushes. Do NOT waste good stuff on them. Kinda surprising how you can make bottom shelf into something others are willing to try
I was taught along time ago to never call a good whiskey or any other liquor if you are going to mix it. As normally the mixing will take away from the great taste to the liquor. That is why I keep my private stock and only offer it to those who will drink it straight or with an ice cube. Otherwise they the other stuff and a can of coke or ginger etc.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I was taught along time ago to never call a good whiskey or any other liquor if you are going to mix it. As normally the mixing will take away from the great taste to the liquor. That is why I keep my private stock and only offer it to those who will drink it straight or with an ice cube. Otherwise they the other stuff and a can of coke or ginger etc.
I drink my bourbon straight about 99% of the time but it is nice to have something a little more subtle with desert or a night cap.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The fuss that some have over "the good stuff" is sometimes funny to watch 😄

My FIL would not stop berating his son or nephew when he was around them and they were drinking Crown & Coke.

He used to yell at me for ordering a Bulleit Rye Old Fashioned (if they had it), until he tried one. Prior to that, he would only have one made with brandy until he tried mine.

Here in Wisconsin, a Brandy Old Fashioned is practically its own religion, but I converted him to my heathen cocktail 😄

I completely understand that sentiment though. My wife's cousin (the Crown/Coke fan) got me a bottle of Crown XR for my 50th,back when it was "reasonable" at $120, and my oldest thought it was funny to sneak a shot, instead of ask, and have an enjoyable experience with a glass and an ice ball. I explained why he was an ass for doing that, and why I blame his behavior on bad parenting 😁

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here’s how the bar is currently stocked. I’ve been really enjoying the New Rift Single Barrel.

There’s an “Easter Egg” hidden as well. If you know, you’ll know.
IMG_7216.jpeg

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did a lot of makers in my life. I like the smoothness and sweetness of angels envy. Woodford is a go to for the bar. Currently have an ellijah Craig, and Isaac Bowman port wine barrel finished behind the bar as well. I like the angels better than bowman but was a decent sipper. Dad likes sipping the bowman as well.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Wish our Cost o sold liqour.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wish our Cost o sold liqour.
The one up 400 off of Windward Pkwy in Alpharetta does. It's a bit of a trek but, worth it.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The one up 400 off of Windward Pkwy in Alpharetta does. It's a bit of a trek but, worth it.
The Perimeter location does too. Georgia liquor laws are weird.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd heard that there were two locations but only knew of the one up 400. Perimeter is much closer for us. Thank you for the info on that, we'll be going there from here on out.

rockinthesuburbs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
*Utah liquor laws would like to have a word... Seriously though - I was stationed in SC in the early 2000's when the "Blue Laws" were in effect that basically barred the sale of anything outside of food purchases (including alcohol) before the afternoon on Sundays. Walmart would literally cordon off areas of the store where customers were not allowed. Pretty sure they've been repealed now but still - the Bible Belt is something else!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Lots of places in AL are still like that also. Can't purchase alcohol where I live before noon on Sundays.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lots of places in AL are still like that also. Can't purchase alcohol where I live before noon on Sundays.
Given Wisconsin's rampant alcohol professionals, we can't have alcohol of any kind shipped into the state. We somehow manage to stay pickled

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I finished off that last bit of a Barrel Select that was aged 18 years and was 118 proof. I had bought this at Total Wine a few years ago. After I was done with that I poured a little Basil Hayden in the glass. The Basil Hayden was so much tastier. I bet that same 18 year old bottle in todays prices would be $150. I can tell you right now that extra money would not be worth it. I think we are being given a huge marketing sham by many of these distillers.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At my local liquor store and as I was checking out I saw a couple cases on the floor behind the cashier that said Buffalo Trace. So I just said, “I’ll take 1 of those Buffalo Trace too”. She kinda looks at me and says, “ big or small bottle”. Big of course. IMG_4759.jpeg

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I made a pretty good haul at my local liquor store earlier this week. Found quite a few hard to find bottles.

20230710_204514.jpg