• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wiring and Battery Addition

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The easiest way is to just run a wire from ACR post #1 to Battery Switch Load post #1 (accessories) and another from ACR post #2 to Load Post #2 (Outboard).....no power draw when switch is off and you can independently charge each battery.

I would put the fuses between battery and battery switch. If you used the 65 amp mini , I would put a 60amp fuse on each positive to protect that switch.

Alternatively, you can leave it the way you have it and just add a switch to the ACR ground but will have to make sure to turn that switch off everytime after using it so it doesn't draw in storage and/or when you charge the batteries. But I would still get 60-amp fuses in to protect that switch.
If that 60-amp fuse trips a few times, it's a sign you should upgrade to the 120-amp version.

Clacava

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The easiest way is to just run a wire from ACR post #1 to Battery Switch Load post #1 (accessories) and another from ACR post #2 to Load Post #2 (Outboard).....no power draw when switch is off and you can independently charge each battery.

I would put the fuses between battery and battery switch. If you used the 65 amp mini , I would put a 60amp fuse on each positive to protect that switch.

Alternatively, you can leave it the way you have it and just add a switch to the ACR ground but will have to make sure to turn that switch off everytime after using it so it doesn't draw in storage and/or when you charge the batteries. But I would still get 60-amp fuses in to protect that switch.
Believe I have 100a there now. Used that because the material list and pic I used from this stream showed 100a. Does it matter that much? I can get a 60a though. I will add the switch just because of ease to do, not tons of room to switch around as you suggested, but I do thank you for the advice throughout this process. Any particular switch you would recommend?

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Believe I have 100a there now. Used that because the material list and pic I used from this stream showed 100a. Does it matter that much? I can get a 60a though. I will add the switch just because of ease to do, not tons of room to switch around as you suggested, but I do thank you for the advice throughout this process. Any particular switch you would recommend?
well, we have a 100-amp fuse on this thread because we used the 120-amp switch and ACR. you have the 65-amp version so a 100-amp fuse is doing absolutely nothing in your case as the weak link is the 65-amp rated switch. I would definitely change those out to 60 amp and get them between the battery and switch.

any 12V inline toggle switch should work with a minimum rating of say 10 amps or more.