Welcome to Jetboaters.net!
We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!
Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)
Island Jay has developed an "I SURVIVED THE BIMINI CROSSING" shirt for those that have made the crossing or plan to! They also have JETBOATERS flags available NOW!
Save 10% when you use code JB at check out.
Plus orders $35 or more get Free USA Shipping (on your entire order-not just Jetboats.net atire).
Grab your Official Jet Boaters Gear and other Boating, Beach and Nautical Tees during the >> Island Jay Jetboaters Only Introduction Sale through the end of July!
(Logged in Members can click the X in the upper right of this window to dismiss this notice)
Questions or information about popular modifications people make to their boats.
1. EZ Lock
EZ lock hints - http://jetboaters.net/threads/using-ez-locks-correctly.2893/
How the plugs/lock work
2. Island racing pin kit fix
3. Tru Lock /// THESE ARE NO LONGER BEING SOLD, THE VIDEO IS BEING KEPT FOR REFERENCE PURPOSE
upgrade your intercooler from SHO to SVHO by hacknslash
samCF's ski trim/reverse bucket mod for boats https://jetboaters.net/threads/adjustable-trim-and-directional-reverse-bucket-install.17569/
Aftermarket steering aids
Two main choices for you to choose from;
1. Cobra Fins
2. Thrust Vectors
1. OperationROL's install
2. Geoff Cooper's install
If you are going to tow your boat above no wake speed you either need shut off valves OR you need to just clamp off the incoming water line from the pump
- Manual gate controls (not an E-Series boat)
- Manual throttle control (button on the side of the binnacle that allows you to rev your engine without moving the gates)
Clean wiring solutions
- under water LED's http://jetboaters.net/threads/underwater-leds.1003/#post-13685
- Andy07sx230's http://jetboaters.net/threads/coastal-night-lights-led-install.2525/
- upgrade your bow light to LED http://jetboaters.net/threads/replacing-yamaha-sx230-bow-light-with-seasense-stainless-led.2839/
- whole boat LED https://jetboaters.net/threads/whole-boat-led-install.1156/
- FSH gunnel LEDs https://jetboaters.net/threads/fsh-gunnel-led-lights-instalation.7829/
- What chartplotters/GPS devices are people using?
- Bruce's Hummingbird install http://jetboaters.net/threads/humminbird-hdr650-replacement-for-norcross-depth-gauge.2338/
- Navionics web app http://jetboaters.net/threads/navionics-web-app.44/
- Cabbie's SX192 raymarine/dragonfly https://jetboaters.net/threads/install-raymarine-dragonfly-5m-gps-chartplotter.7645/
- FSH lowrance and thru hull transducer https://jetboaters.net/threads/installing-a-lowarence-elite-5-on-a-fsh.7785/
- seadeals lowrance hdi 4 install on 2006 side wall mount https://jetboaters.net/threads/elite-4-hdi-install-advice-and-writeup.4222/#post-139121
- How to/where to install a GPS Chartplotter on a boat with Connext?
- open triangle GPS plug connector type https://jetboaters.net/threads/triangular-gps-plug-on-yamaha-boats.12930/
- install with pictures https://mjtssite.shutterfly.com/20
- Perfect Pass install with pictures
- tips http://jetboaters.net/threads/perfect-pass-mod-fix.1941/
- fixing a seized servo motor https://jetboaters.net/threads/perfectpass-seized-motor.11150/
1. Swatski's install and review https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-...nch-for-twins-ridesteady-by-hydrophase.12590/
2. Kolban's 2017 AR240 install with pictures https://jetboaters.net/threads/2017-ar240-ridesteady-install.16377/
Bus Bars / switch panels / outlets
- Bruce's switch panel - http://jetboaters.net/threads/adding-a-switch-panel-to-yamaha-boats.2025/
- adding 12v outlet / usb charger http://jetboaters.net/threads/adding-12v-outlets-and-usb-chargers.1751/
- Tdonoughue's negative bus bar - http://jetboaters.net/threads/negative-bus-bar.2464/
How to calculate the correct AWG wire you need
Clean wiring solutions
Stereo / Head units
- Redthumper9's upgrade http://jetboaters.net/threads/my-ar240-upgrades-and-stereo-build.958/ and retraction on using CCA wire http://jetboaters.net/threads/do-not-use-cca-wire-in-your-boat-when-im-wrong-i-say-im-wrong.6804/
- Julian's JVC swap to Clarion http://jetboaters.net/threads/replaced-jvc-headunit-with-clarion-and-new-remotes.141/
- Wiring schematic http://jetboaters.net/threads/wiring-an-amp-which-wires-are-the-speakers.5317/#post-91200
- Amps http://jetboaters.net/threads/would-like-to-add-an-amp.2428/
- Trouble shooting guide for 07-09 JBL stock head units http://jetboaters.net/threads/jbl-mr140-145-145-2-troubleshooting-guide.2293/#post-36215
- Subwoofer Locations
- Subwoofers http://jetboaters.net/threads/here-it-is-another-subwoofer-question.564/
- JL audio AR210 upgrade on you tube
- Installing 7.7 speakers http://jetboaters.net/threads/has-anyone-actually-installed-7-7-speakers.931/
- Adding speaker with an amp, with diagram http://jetboaters.net/threads/6-speakers-and-no-amp.1004/
- How to build your own fiberglass speaker enclosures http://jetboaters.net/threads/diy-fiberglass-tower-speakers.4873/
- Julian's Polk install http://jetboaters.net/threads/replace-your-stock-seaworthy-speakers-i-put-in-polks.2373/
- A long thread on adding mid cabin speakers
- A thread on adding speakers to a 242LSE with wiring diagrams.
How to pull wires through tower:
- On an '07 AR http://jetboaters.net/threads/2007-ar230-how-to-run-wire-in-tower.4207/
- On a 240 model tower
Whole system install:
- Whole boat JL speaker and amp upgrade
- Whole boat stereo upgrade
- Yamaha 242X Stereo Upgrade including wetsounds sound bar!
Here is a thread discussing what to do:
Julian's seadeck install http://jetboaters.net/threads/replacing-decking-material-with-seadek-faux-teak-titanium.24/
Veedubtek's seadeck install http://jetboaters.net/threads/sea-dek-install.5745/
GTBRMC's seadeck install http://jetboaters.net/threads/sx-230-seadek-install-note-pix-heavy.5837/
Jetboat Pilots video
How to remove the old hydro turf -