Welcome to Jetboaters.net!
We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!
Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)
Want to buy your boat a Labor Day gift beacuse it works so hard to keep you happy? How about some Cobra Jet Steering? Jeff at CobraSteering has a sale on a variety of steering system combos for Yamaha jet boats and special pricing for the 4 tec steering for forum membersDismiss Notice
You can dismiss this notice (if you are a member) by clicking the "X" in the upper right>>>>>>>>>
Reminder of the Seadeck group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until SEPTEMBER 30th to get in on this group buy - which HAS ALREADY reached the 30% discount point!Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!
So if you are looking to replace that old worn or stinky carpeting and get an awesome new look for your boat, or perhaps your stock swim platform is crumbling and leaving black crap on you and your guests when you sit on it.....look no further! Don't miss this opportunity as this only happens once a year!
(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)
Maintenance-replacing broken/damaged parts
- cwoa8vr's shift cable http://jetboaters.net/threads/07-to-09-230-series-shift-cable-replacement.3833/
- Julian's reverse gate cable replacement write up with part numbers
- 07-09 part number is CCX63318 (also referenced in the 1st thread above)
- Reverse and steering cable part number cross reference https://jetboaters.net/threads/seastar-teleflex-steering-systems-and-cables.10706/
- Scopeusa's change '08 https://jetboaters.net/threads/changing-steering-cables-sx230ho-in-an-hour.15181/#post-262621
- Scuppers--How to install new SS Scupper
- A Thread with more photos and part #'s
- A thread on borrowing pre-made scupper wrenches to fit in the small gap in the bilge.
- Another thread on how to do it.
- A discussion on if this needs to be done on models where the scupper is higher (240 series, new 210s 190s etc)
This also includes a step by step and link to a YJB thread for RailMonkey's instructions https://jetboaters.net/threads/repl...008-yamaha-sx-230-jet-boat.10437/#post-178950
This one also covers cone bearing replacement:
Can also be helpful to look at the reverse gate cable thread for tips too.
And if your steering cable doesn't come out easily...check out this thread for @4x15mph 's challenge getting his out:
And here is a thread that discusses the part numbers for cables:
Just to clarify, the timing chain part has changed for 2016 MY.
It is shared between N/A, SHO and SVHO models.
The old part is 94591-66152-00, new 94591-74152-00. Here is the visual:
14-15 Chain 3Link/4Link
16 Chain 4Link/5Link
or look at this one,
a great write up about impeller bearing with pictures,
Bruce's impeller cone bearing replacement
Dan144K's solas impellers
Dan144K's shaft / seal replacement
Tim V's advice about liners not being a good option for boats
CrankyGypsy's floor rot fix // definitely a need to see, caused by poorly sealed table pedestal
Scott's cleanout hatch rot fix // caused by poorly sealed cleanout hatch latch