• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

04 ss water leak

Jayhall

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
i have a 04 suger sand mirage its leaking through the steering cable booth, can I just change the booth or do I need to change the cable as well?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you show us a picture?

Is it something that was caulked on the outside? Could you remove and replace the old caulk to seal it?

Jayhall

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Can you show us a picture?

Is it something that was caulked on the outside? Could you remove and replace the old caulk to seal it?
No pictures but it's a bellow kit down inside the engine housing

Jayhall

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No pictures but it's a bellow kit down inside the engine housing
My mechanic told me I had to replace the steering cable steering cable at work

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
These the boots? Don't know why you would need to replace the cables but it looks like a bitch of a job. Oh and welcome aboard007.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've had two Mercury sport jet powered boats (a '97 euro line cyclone and '03 season x20. Both had at least one bellow, possibly two, on the out side of th hull next to the reverse buckets. I ended up replacing those bellows on both boats as a result of the original bellows deteriorating and cracking. When I did buy them they were over $25 each which I still th I is a rip off but a relatively cheap one compared to the cost of other parts that are not anywhere near as critical.

I don't know why you would need to replace any cables protected by the bellows unless the cable was already damaged by th water intrusion. If your mechanic didn't already tell you why you need to replace the steering cable I would as him about it.