• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

06 SX 210- two questions - RPM to plane & cruising RPM with speed listed

djkahn86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m new to my boat
2006 SX 210

I plane with two adults and two children at around 6800/7000rpm

I then cruise are out at 7200rpm/7500rpm at
26/8- 30/2 mph

depending on the conditions of the water

It’s an older boat and I’m wondering if these numbers are Within Normal Limits for cruising around.

I haven’t pushed her too hard to go much faster but I keep getting asked if I am hitting 50mph. I can’t imagine my engines would even get close to that.
Thanks for any feedback

loving the vessel and the family time we are getting with our girls this summer. Truly priceless

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The SX 210 will not ever get to 50. Expect 42 to 43 max. The engines top at 8000rpm so don’t fear going wide open throttle. I have cruised at WOT nearly through a whole tank at once during a Hilton head run and running to downtown Knoxville. You need close to full rpm to plane without a struggle but come off the throttles real quick if you don’t want to haul. Once on plane you can slowly back down between 6500-6000 but you will start to fall back into the water and eventually plow. It is a great boat…of course I am biased.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an 08 AR230 with different motors, takes me over 7k RPMs to plane, which I’m pretty sure is normal. If I have just the kid and wife on board I cruise around 7600-7800RPMs which is usually around 27-30mph. If I have 8 adults and gear on board takes me at least 7400-7600RPMs to plane and then 8400ish RPMs to maintain 26-30mph (pending wind speed and water conditions). Top speed I've gotten by myself with full tank and gear is 44-45mph at 10k RPMs (need to adjust the throttle stops). I have no desire to max the engines out at the highest RPM though. I would say your boat is within its normal limits!

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hit right above 50 MPH in my '10 AR210 on the mighty Ohio on a quiet Sunday morning (was taking her back to 4 Seasons marina). The surface was like glass. I was by myself and the fastest I've ever gotten her. I eventually hit someone's wake that also happened to be out. I'm pretty sure the whole boat came out of the water. Only mod I've done is ran the cold air intakes to back right where air duct is. I think my RPM's go up to 9k??

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 07 sx210 and with me and the wife I ussaly run abt 7000 to 7500 depending on the conditions and it's perfect if it's really slick I can back it down a little . Wife is not a fan of wide open lol

djkahn86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks everyone. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t stressing these engines. Like I said, this is my first boat and I want it to be a very good experience for my family. I am trying to set the hook really deep and keep this going for years to come.
Going to make an attempt to tube today, wish me luck !!