• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

08 230 wake random starting issue on one motor

david lazelle

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
NA
Hi Ya'll I'm a newbie to this forum. I recently purchased a sea doo 230 wake 430 hp. Anyway one of the motors all of the sudden doesn't want to start. it turns over though. If I keep trying usually it will eventually fire up. Ive changed the spark plugs but still have this issue. can anyone help me with this problem? thank you

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fuel, spark, air - that's what you need to start the engines and what you need to troubleshoot.

I'd start with a compression check to ensure you're not wasting time on a bad engine. Get a spark plug tester to see if that engine is getting good spark at each plug. Then check fuel pressure at the fuel rail. This is pretty much the basics of troubleshooting any engine.

Good luck!