• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8L Engine from 242

Krabi Sunset

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there a 2018 model of Wave Runner that has exactly the same engine as a 242? being the 1.8L with no supercharger.

I'm thinking that if I own a 242, I would like to have the same engine so that all repairs/parts/servicing/oils/filters etc for all my toys are the same.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
VXR, VXS

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would think any 1.8 liter ho ski

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To be exact, VX cruiser ho, FX ho, FX cruiser ho, and the VXR only have the 1.8 ho engine

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a SVHO ski and cept for the spark plugs number, everything else maintenance wise is the same as my AR240

Krabi Sunset

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys.

I got myself all mixed up with SVHO and HO and really it's pretty clear from the website, just I was suffering information overload.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha crazy mambo jumbo jet ski model branding aside, come to think of it, the maintenance on all the new once is pretty much the same - what @Neutron said, and that includes the TR-1 engines. Those could be the best in your situation. Also what our Australian colleague runs with, in his new 210.

--