• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

12V Switched plug behind dashboard (?) 215HO

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If you look behind the dashboard on my 2014 Scarab 215HO (Open the backrest of the starboard side/bow cushion), there is this plug (see picture), and it is not connected to anything. After some testing this looks like a switched 12V power plug.

It seems to me like this would be a great wire/place to connect any dash electronics such as GPS or fish finders (?) - Does anyone know what the name of this type of plug is and where is it sold? I'd like to find its mate to connect some electronics to it (don't want to cut it off..)

Has anyone ever used it?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

PanamaJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It seems to me like this would be a great wire/place to connect any dash electronics such as GPS or fish finders (?) -
Did you end up connecting your GPS here?
I plan to connect mine this month.

PanamaJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Looks like I found the connector, in case anyone is interested...
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=54200206virtualkey64910000virtualkey649-54200206
Wires in the back are purple and yellow.
If I understand correctly, your link is to the female version which is already installed in the boat.
To connect another device, I need the male version, which I think is this:

I also need two male pins. Right?

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If I understand correctly, your link is to the female version which is already installed in the boat.
To connect another device, I need the male version, which I think is this:

I also need two male pins. Right?
PanamaJet, this was a while back and I don't have that boat anymore, but I believe you should be correct. It should be the male version if I recall correctly. I went back into the mouser receipt on my emails and found this part number 649-54200204 54200204 (male).

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length