• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

15+ 240/242 model mat templates

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want to go a different route that the Sea Dek. I was wondering if somehow the floor templates can be obtained where these companies make the interior mats? I know, this is probably information provided from the factory, but was thinking that by now it might be available somewhere else?

I have the ability to convert in to an engineering software and water-jet cut it myself.

any info would be great

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've not heard of anyone who has them to share, I know we (the forum) don't have templates on file for any of the models but possible a member might have made some, I know they used to send out paper for you to make your own template for them to cut your seadeck or whatever from but that has been a few years,

Good luck and keep us updated, we'd like to see what you end up with

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
measure your carpet?

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Carpet is a little oversized....
But I think I have something! Stay tuned

Cwigg951

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hope you are working on a more affordable alternative. If so, I'm interested and can help if needed...

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, that is the purpose. I believe we could do an entire cockpit kit for half the cost of the seadek kit. I just need to work out the template situation first

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think that I have a handle on this now. I am going to put it into my CAD software. Then to run a couple of test templates...
I should have the design done before the weekend is up!

Stay tuned

georgia8

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got a 2016 242 S. In my other boat we put in the glue down hydro turf but it gets hard to clean the edging and over time the edging peels. In the new 2017's they have the snap down sea deck/hydro turf. I wondering if there is a way to make these snap in? Any luck on the template?

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
just to let everyone know, I think that I am going to give up this effort, I am running out of time and need to move on.
I am planning (don't know when) just to get the Seadek with a cool color combo. It is a great product although a little pricey!