• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

15 limited S problem

SkiffinBass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not new here, just cant remember my old email and password. I was @Jade63 now Im skiffinBass.
So here is my problem. Was running fine while towing a tube around, nothing to fast maybe around 15mph. After a bit it felt a little different but chalked it up weight on the tube. When done tubing we tied up to a buoy for a bit (maybe 1hr). As I went to pull away and throttled up the nose planned up as if I was dragging an anchor. Very weird, I tried to go again with the same results. I checked both impellers, even did the go in reverse and kill the engines trick. It acted like a inboard that was trimmed way up. Another thing I noticed was that the engines got up to 6000rpm and i was maybe doing 10mph with nose up in the air.

I keep it moored at a marina, so ill have to get her out of the water tomorrow. Has anyone else had an issue like this? I would hate to have to take her into the dealer and most likely loose the rest of summer. I hope when I get it out of the water Ill be able to visually see something.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Water in the bilge? Was your pump on? Or maybe a dislodged or partial sealed clean out plug?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It does sound like she had a lot of water in the bilge. Was the bilge pump on? Did you look for water in the engine compartment?

What would happen if she is still taking on water?

SkiffinBass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The bilge did piss out a couple of times while we were tied off to buoy. No more then usual. When I got back to slip I checked motor compartment. There was a little bit of wetness by that pump. I also manually turned on bilge and nothing came out. I was just going through the motions and never thought about water being stuck in there. I am curious now on how much water will come out when I pull the plug. It did seem to cavitate a little bit when I was powering up. Very weird.
It does sound like she had a lot of water in the bilge. Was the bilge pump on? Did you look for water in the engine compartment?

What would happen if she is still taking on water?
As for if she is still taking on water. If I get there tomorrow after work and she sunk, then It looks like daddy is getting a new bass boat! Lol.
I'll post what I find when I get her to the ramp.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The one crazy idea I have left is that you might have a piece of wood lodged under the boat causing the bow to rise.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would have thought taking on water, but that would have been noticeable. Most likely is you sucked something up and cavitating not getting enough thrust to get on plane. You will likely need to get the boat out of the water and look up through the grates with a flashlight for a piece of wood or stick lodged lodged in the impeller or something else.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had same issue yesterday but think it was due to having a lot more people than usual in the boat and most of them in the back. I just gave it more throttle and once it planed out I backed off and it acted normal. Just too much weight in the back of the boat.

SkiffinBass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Now Im very confused. Got to the dock after work (she was still right side up) Took it out on the water and it ran fine. Got out of the hole nicely and planned out 45mph @7000. Took it the ramp, pulled it out of the water and checked the grates. They looked clean. Pulled the plug and it did drain for about 3min. A little longer then I thought it should've, but not to excessive. I got it home and will check the bilge pump to make sure it working good. But other then that I'm not really sure. @subysti I thought the same thing, but it was 4 adults and 2 10yo. So im not sure. Maybe it could've been a mixture of water in the bilge, number of people in the back and a full tank of fuel.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You probably had something stuck in one of the pumps causing cavitation that has since washed out.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@SkiffinBass , what boat do you have? Your info shows a 2015 E-series, but they did not come out until 2016. I guess it really doesn't matter, since I think your problem is related to excess water in the bilge or debris in a pump. Glad you got her going again.