• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

165 blower issues

Eddiefain

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
My blower just stopped on my 165g. The light on the switch doesn’t light up either

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
it's either a fuse or the blower itself is dead.
check fuse. if blown, replace. hopefully that's it.
if the fuse blows again, the blower is seized or shorted. you'll need to remove it to figure out which one.

if the fuse wasn't blown but it's still non operational check the connections. hopefully something just jostled loose.

post here with results.

if neither of those things fix it, i would start working my way back. most likely with just a voltmeter, but check those things first and we can work backwards from the blower through the switch and back to the battery if necessary.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
^^^ This, alse check the connectors for corrosion.

Shane miller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Has anyone thought to check the switch itself? I have power at my plug but the switch doesn’t illuminate and blower won’t turn on.

Cs419

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got the same thing with no blower but also no bilge pump. Checked fuses yesterday but going back and will check what jb32566 said & switch. I also heard that the fuse distribution box could have internal issues. Going to knock it a few times with a wrench. Possible open it up and see what's going on inside.