• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

175/xr2 Sport Jet Switch Boxes

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
We know there are 2 switch boxes, inner and outer. Do we know which one controls which set of cylinders?
I ask because I have 1,3,5 cylinders with no spark and the manual states:
Intermittent, weak or no spark output at three spark plugs (a complete bank of three cylinders) usually is caused by a bad STATOR or SWITCH BOX

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
If I remember correctly you can trace the wires, one is striped. I remember figuring it out by what was in the manual though. Ohm meter might help you out, too. Sorry but that’s all I got! 😊

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Mostly curious, I'm replacing them both as recommended by other owners. Thanks for the info though!

Stomp10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Well, I've been busy, (Just saw this post)
When I wired mine I had it in my head that port box=port bank, starboard box=starboard bank. I think that was wrong.
First start nuthin.
Lucky me has a guy closeby who will work on these.
He had it going in an hour. The explanation I got was the the switchboxes were switched.
I still have to look at and figure it out in the manual to see if that's true or not.....
I replaced the stator, trigger, switch boxes, coils, plugs, VR and got this, after he fixed my screwup:

Now, I just need to find the time.
Buddy is off week after next and wants to go.
I told him we can't go fast cuz it's still on break in hours.
He want's to go anyway. 🤣

Last edited:

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
No going fast Hoss!! 😬