• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

'19 AR195 Seadek covered under warranty?

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR195 with 125 hours on it. The Seadek on the lower rear platform is bubbling badly in 2 spots. This boat is garage kept when its not on the water. Is this covered under warranty? This thing is really starting to drive me crazy. I was just out and the rear hatch cover bolts fell out too. I regularly check stuff but begging to wonder about the boat falling apart all the time :(

Thanks...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably best to ask your dealer. Whether you have YES or not will also be a factor.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My "non-seadek" on the lower platform is crumbling away. In another thread I was advised this is not seadek butsome cheap yamaha version. I am waiting for mine to completely crumble away and will replace with real SeaDek including a piece where you step over the seats and on the middle seat as i never use the pad for that seat. I know people replace all their carpet but i want to see how the pieces in the back stand up before investing. We do alot of fall and winter boating and not sure how seadek holds up with sneakers and constantly in the boat in winter.

I agree about the hatch bolts. Mine need tightening often. My list of fall projects are to add some (non permanent) loktite on the hatch bolts, the windshield frame bolts and the the one that holds that rubber stopper on the windshield as those seem to be my problem areas. Also considering something to hold the trim rings on the cup holders as the always come loose and i have lost one already.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to totally burst your bubble, but that stuff will never completely crumble away. The top will come off of it and the bottom adhesive will remain. In fact, it will probably be there with the cockroaches after WWIII. But I get that you are waiting for it to die before replacing. Mine just kinda slowly degraded until I replaced it. Very happy on that front, tho. The real SeaDek is very nice and has held up for me very well (but we don't boat with shoes other than like for a few moments on boarding or so).

As to the bolts, early on I went through the boat and removed every bolt I could find and put antiseize on it. That little lubrication and a good tightening has led to many years of not tightening bolts after every trip. No doubt the Locktite will work nicely--just offering an alternative.

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have read that if it is bubbling to just poke a hole in it with an exacto knife or something similar. Then just work the bubble out and lay a heavy book on it until the next use. Sorry to hear about your troubles. It is frustrating. I keep finding loose fasteners on my boat and cannot always find where they came from. Then I arrive at the boat ramp and my Bimini Top is half off the tower... So that is where those 10x1.5" screws came from...