• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190/192/195 Speeds and Mods

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Not many modded boats yet, but it seems there is a lot of interest and questions about what to do for more power and speed.

To copy an idea from Greenhulk, let's post our speeds and Mods as a reference for people looking for info. I know a lot will be repetitive, like intercooler and ribbon delete, but it will answer the question for many people that ask if it is worth it.

Format:
GPS speed @ rpm, Screen name, year/model, tune/stock ECU, supercharger wheel, Intercooler, impeller make and pitch,
passengers and gear, air temp, water temp, elevation, hours/failures with these mods.

Keep it simple so the info is easy to find.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Reserved for list of results

61.49 mph (gps) @ 8,500 rpm, @SamCF , 2015 SX192, Dean's Team ECU, ET Low Boost Wheel, Type 14 Intercooler, Solas Concord 160mm 13/17, adjustable trim, Dean's extended nozzle.
Full fuel 1 adult, air temp 80, water temp 78, elevation 750', 25 hours with these mods. Failures: blew intercooler coolant line, starved exhaust of water and melted exhaust resonator.

51.45 mph (gps) @ 8100 RPM, @Midnight2V, 2016 AR192, Riva Racing Maptuner X bone stock 8100 RPM tune, stock wheel, type 14 IC with dedicated cooling line, stock impeller, ribbon delete w/Riva sleeve, Riva high flow jet pump strainer, fabbed up high flow intake with PCV breather, CJS Viper Venom AK steeringplate/fins. Full fuel, 2 adults/1 child (500# total), 300# of gear, 94F degrees air, 86F degrees water, 141' elevation, 35 hours (except tune is only 5 hours), no failures.

50 mph (gauge indicated) @ 7600 RPM, @haknslash, 2016 AR192, stock ECU, stock supercharger wheel, SVHO intercooler, ribbon delete with Riva sleeve, stock impeller and pitch, full fuel, 230 lbs passenger + approx 200 lbs in gear, 84 degrees F air temp, 70 degree F water temp, 600' elevation, 45 hours with these mods. No failures.

49.3mph (GPS) @8,150 RPM, @swatski, 2012 SX190, Ribbon delete/filter, Stage 1 V-tech ECU reflash (8,350 max RPM), OEM impeller repitched to 12.5/15, Lucky 13 cone with 3 spacers (10mm), OEM venturi nozzle bored to 89.5mm
Passengers - 1 adult, tower, 200+ lbs of sound deadening
Air temps in the 60s, water in the 50s
Almost no wind, w/light chop on the surface (about perfect conditions)
Zero issues with the mods (?hrs - testing various setups) - except that's a "speed impeller pitch/setup" w/sustained 47-48mph gps but weak hole shot.

48mph (gauge indicated) @ 7800, @AboveTheBest, 2013 AR190, stock ECU, ribbon delete (no sleeve), stock impeller/pitch, L13 Cone, 200 lb passengers, full fuel, air temp 75 (no wind), water temp 60, elevation 580', 1 hour w/mods, no failures.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
50 mph (gauge indicated) @ 7600 RPM, @haknslash, 2016 AR192, stock ECU, stock supercharger wheel, SVHO intercooler, ribbon delete with Riva sleeve, stock impeller and pitch, full fuel w/ bimini deployed, 230 lbs passenger + approx 200 lbs in gear, 84F air temp, 70F water temp, 600' elevation, 45 hours with these mods. No failures.

Last edited:

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
51.45 mph (gps) @ 8100 RPM, @Midnight2V, 2016 AR192, Riva Racing Maptuner X bone stock 8100 RPM tune, stock wheel, type 14 IC with dedicated cooling line, stock impeller, ribbon delete w/Riva sleeve, Riva high flow jet pump strainer, fabbed up high flow intake with PCV breather, CJS Viper Venom AK steering plate/fins. Full fuel, 2 adults/1 child (500# total), 300# of gear, 94F degrees air, 86F degrees water, 141' elevation, 35 hours (except tune is only 5 hours), no failures.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2012 SX190

49.3mph (GPS) @8,150 RPM, @swatski, 2012 SX190, Ribbon delete/filter, Stage 1 V-tech ECU reflash (8,350 max RPM), OEM impeller repitched to 12.5/15, Lucky 13 cone with 3 spacers (10mm), OEM venturi nozzle bored to 89.5mm

upload_2018-5-18_23-56-42.png

Passengers - 1 adult, tower, 200+ lbs of sound deadening
Air temps in the 60s, water in the 50s
Almost no wind, w/light chop on the surface (about perfect conditions)

Zero issues with the mods (?hrs - testing various setups) - except that's a "speed impeller pitch/setup" w/sustained 47-48mph gps but weak hole shot

--

Zach Ahmed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the 2017 SX195 hitting 54-55mph here.. 52 on a windier day with some chop

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
the 2017 SX195 hitting 54-55mph here.. 52 on a windier day with some chop
Really want to see GPS numbers on the 195's. No doubt they will run 60+ mph with a tune.

Zach Ahmed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will have some soon. I really want to do a tune intake exhaust and more boost setup. Then leave it alone. Not sure where I can get parts. I cant find anything anywhere for these boats.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Last edited:

Zach Ahmed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
awesome thanks!

Secret Cabin no. 5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
any of you guys replace the 155mm impeller yet with these mods? I just finished my mods last outing about a week ago and I can bounce the rev limiter at 8100 bone stock no problem. (don't want to go to 160mm)
I have 2013 sx192 with following go fast parts:
- maptunerx (riva program)
-Typ 14 intercooler w/BOV
-ET Lowboost
-Ribon delete
- relocated the PCV breather to open air with K&N filter
- upgraded my cooling a bit different by drilling out the pump holes from the strainer

Want to get a solas impeller but not sure on pitch just yet. Any input is valued as I have read quite a bit before I did anything and learned from others already.

As a note I did upload the bone stock program in with the original boost wheel and was hitting 8100rpm at about 50mph as well. I did purchase the map editor software so I can tune myself to get even more with the higher boost but have yet to do so. I did flash to stage 2 and ran for a few days at about 8250rpm but I don't have free flow exhaust....so this is where the map edit function will be handy. So ya Solas impeller recommendations?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
any of you guys replace the 155mm impeller yet with these mods? I just finished my mods last outing about a week ago and I can bounce the rev limiter at 8100 bone stock no problem. (don't want to go to 160mm)
I have 2013 sx192 with following go fast parts:
- maptunerx (riva program)
-Typ 14 intercooler w/BOV
-ET Lowboost
-Ribon delete
- relocated the PCV breather to open air with K&N filter
- upgraded my cooling a bit different by drilling out the pump holes from the strainer

Want to get a solas impeller but not sure on pitch just yet. Any input is valued as I have read quite a bit before I did anything and learned from others already.

As a note I did upload the bone stock program in with the original boost wheel and was hitting 8100rpm at about 50mph as well. I did purchase the map editor software so I can tune myself to get even more with the higher boost but have yet to do so. I did flash to stage 2 and ran for a few days at about 8250rpm but I don't have free flow exhaust....so this is where the map edit function will be handy. So ya Solas impeller recommendations?
If you don't want to go to the 160mm pump, you have 3 options.

1. Bend your stock impeller about 3mm. That still might not be enough.
2. Solas 13/22r. This is the fastest 155 impeller, but it is known for low end cavitation. https://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_82_96&products_id=1200&zenid=ko14bqsfr1va4lbfndu9q5n4j6
3. Try a 155mm twin prop. I couldn't find one listed online, but I know Skat-Trak can custom make it. This option will be expensive, and will probably require sending it back multiple times to get it dialed in. It will probably be the best all around solution if you put the time into getting it right.

Whatever you decide, start by adding the Lucky 13 cone. It will keep low end cavitation to a minimum and decrease your top end rpm without losing speed. https://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_82_96&products_id=2352&zenid=ko14bqsfr1va4lbfndu9q5n4j6

The ET Low Boost wheel is amazing! Shoot for around 8300 rpm for a good balance of performance and reliability.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Anybody just do the strainer intake swap? Wanted to do this on 195. Noticed th2 air/water temp makes a big difference on RPM.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Basics:
43 @ 7400, @2kwik4u , 2017 AR190, stock ECU, Stock impeller and pitch in good condition,
Mods:
Lucky 13 cone (all shims installed), sealed pump intake, ribbon delete
Conditions:
2 passengers, light gear, 70deg air temp, ~82deg water temp (from NOAA data not measured), approx 500ft elevation (Ohio River), 56hrs on engine, no failures with these mods.
Comments:
Not a fast speed at any stretch. Is up about 2mph from previous best last season with no mods. Also, this was a GPS speed taken while travelling UP river on the Ohio (current around 2mph). So had a potential surface speed around 45mph. Speedo indicated 46mph (obviously inaccurate). Might be some more left in this mostly stock setup, as top RPM seen was only 7400. I suspect boring the nozzle some (or reducing shim count on L13) might yield some increases based on @swatski experience/notes.

Secret Cabin no. 5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh ya, forgot to mention but so far I am hitting 52MPH (GPS 52.8) so hopefully I will be at a bit more once I get the Impeller dialed in.

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been able to routinely hit 50-52mph on a new bone stock 2018 sx195 with more than half a tank, 2 people and standard gear. GPS and Boat speedo confirmed. RPM is about 7800 but have exactly confirmed using the onboard digital readout.

I boat in cool salt water in the bays in and around Long Island, NY. Usually a good 1-3' chop and boat handles very well.

Better conditions, limited wind and less weight I'm sure I can come closer to 55mph but I don't think much else is there without really modifying the intercooler or impeller.

That speed is fine for me and my fiancee. If I need more I go out on my brother's Cat that pushes triple digits haha.

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
47.1 MPH (GPS) @ 7500 RPM, @WildBillF1, 2016 SX192, stock ECU, stock supercharger wheel, SVHO intercooler, stock impeller, full fuel, 2 passengers, approximately 150 lbs in gear, Air Temp: 105* F, Water Temp: 82* F, 540' Elevation, 75 hours, No failures.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Looks like I can't edit the post to add any more data. Keep it going though, I'm sure people won't mind scrolling down to see results.

Our last Summer outing was Sunday. Conditions were perfect for a speed run, consistent 6" chop and cool air. Ran 60mph @ 8350 rpm with full fuel, 2 adults, 3 kids and the usual coolers and gear. Zero issues this Summer.

Djkinn13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes new owner of AR195 and yes would be nice to se a reliable kit of 5 to 7 mph gain, but then again that’s why I got out of the ski riding after 15years i just couldn’t stop with the mods and speed after getting to 80 it just keeps burning more cash than gas, so with said I did miss the rush but to totally different hobbies and I think dollar for dollar the AR gives a good reliable smaller sport jet boat that has its wow factor, and if a reliable company as riva was to have a kit drop I would be interested but piecing one together for 3 mph gain doesn’t sound worth it at the time .

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Yes new owner of AR195 and yes would be nice to se a reliable kit of 5 to 7 mph gain, but then again that’s why I got out of the ski riding after 15years i just couldn’t stop with the mods and speed after getting to 80 it just keeps burning more cash than gas, so with said I did miss the rush but to totally different hobbies and I think dollar for dollar the AR gives a good reliable smaller sport jet boat that has its wow factor, and if a reliable company as riva was to have a kit drop I would be interested but piecing one together for 3 mph gain doesn’t sound worth it at the time .
This thread is for actual mods and results. It is to help people with answers to commonly asked questions.

I pieced together something that is, on average, 12 mph faster than stock. The boat just finished its second season running perfectly with these mods.

Please let us know results if you mod your boat.