• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 fsh question

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the lowest speed can you comfortably cruise on plane?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 0.02
Never been in the FSH but, in my experience with the 190 hull, those pop up on plane quicker than 240s, maybe around 12mph. But - it is very sensitive to/dependent on loading, any load in the bow makes a huge difference, as compared to the 240s.
By comparison, in my 240 without tabs deployed I can kind of get on plane maybe around 16mph, but it depends on conditions and I really need to be going closer to 20 to not be falling off.
Of course the new 190 (longer) hulls could be different, and of course with tabs you could probably be on plane in single digit speeds in a new 190, I would think.

--

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
About 20mph or so to stay on plane

Comfortable if it’s flat...

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Argh. Was hoping it would be closer to 15.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't know the exact speed but its lower than 20 mph with the cobra viper fins.I would say 12-14 knots?

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Really depends on the load. With just me in the boat and half a tank of gas I believe around 15. Normally cruise between 20-25 with 4 on board. Never paid that much attention. Normally we just complain about top end :)