• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 FSH side scan transducer

bordercity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hello all,

I have been looking at all threads related to this topic. Not sure anyone has side scan on their 190FSH and got it to work with the traditional mounting location.

Is there something I’m missing here? Is the only way to have side scan working is basically to screw the transducer on the most bottom point of the boat and it’ll have tons of drag?

I’m desperate here…please help me

Attachments

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think you are to close to the jet90C38811-C449-46A9-8436-E7811F39B0BA.jpeg90C38811-C449-46A9-8436-E7811F39B0BA.jpegD2FB4CEC-E3E7-4DF3-A1FD-DE96EC024601.jpeg

bordercity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
If you look at my first post it’s way far away and still the left side of side scan gets blocked.
I’m so frustrated with this thing

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does it get blocked even if boat is not running?

bordercity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Side scan to the left… yes

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not much you can do with side scan if it is being blocked. 5 degrees maximum angle is what is recommended I believe. Need to mount lower.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

bordercity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
The adjustable bracket I have, do you think it would work like what you have on the keel plate or do you think I need to beef it up?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could see if it will fit, not sure. It may not drop it enough because the mount is horizontal not vertical as you have it now. Others have come up with different style mounts. I was inspired by @Julian design. I am sure a metal shop could fabricate and put something together in aluminum rather quickly. I will probably go that direction soon, copying the design that I currently have which is a prototype but rock solid.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I forgot who but someone posted a bracket that folds up if boat bottoms out looks same like yours @HangOutdoors

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@fatboyroy Haven't seen that one and don't think I have missed a thread on transducer mounting. Would be interesting to see that.

210FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As Hangoutdoors mentioned, the left side is being blocked. Definitely suggest moving it lower. You want the transducer lower than the keel. Just my thoughts.

bordercity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Came up with a solution. First time out was a success but was super choppy. 35sec test seemed like it was working fine.
Will update on a more calm day.
I’ll think about running the cable a little bit better.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bordercity

It is hard to see, but does the plate that mounts to the transducer over hang the sides of the transducer, is it wider? looks like it does. It has been mentioned, by the guys at West Marine who put a ton of these on boats around here, that it can act as a trim trim tab and create upward pressure on the mount and actually change attitude and steering at speed. They recommend not to use spray shields and have where the actual transducer mounts to plate or supports no wider than the transducer.

I took my spray shield off for this reason. Just info that I got that I am passing along.

Respectfully, regarding your solutions, Your mounting arms are pointing forward where they come from the ride plate. TBH I am not sure if that is the best way. You are creating an underwater hook for something to get caught or hung up, like grass, weeds, plastics, logs, docking lines, tow ropes, etc. and It may not be as efficient handling the water flowing over. Your intake isn't too far forward of that as well, the angle which you have it could stop something from moving out past behind your boat and have it sit there to get sucked up while you are maneuvering in no wake zones, using reverse, spinning around, etc. If you hit something it is going to catch and all get ripped off as well and if it is as a decent speed It could cause an injury. I would personally change it to angle backwards.

Last edited:

bordercity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
It's just the regular 3n1 Lowrance transducer mount with some aftermarket arms. I cannot believe others have not have a problem like this. I don't see how mine is really different than yours. Hangs way down low, creates drags and could be ripped off.. am I missing something?

bordercity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I cannot go back further as the rudder would hit the transducer... going forward there is the intake. This boat really sucks for fishing equipment, super disappointing

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My arms are angled backwards, debris, docking lines, logs, etc. will flow backward even it it hits the transducer and most likely out past the boat. That is why I angled the arms backward. Your arms are pointing forward, making it so something can get caught there.

Don't be bummed, there is always a solution!!

Perhaps you have a enough room to alter it just a bit and provide a bit of rearward slant, the more the better. Which I believe it would be very beneficial. Shorten the mounting ARMs. Sorry for crude drawing.

Also, if you rudder is sort of like mine, you may have a couple inches or so or more, because the rudders do not go a full 90 degrees. Hard to tell with the picture angle.

1626012096944.png

Last edited:

bordercity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I'd have to go more forward with the mount... I guess