• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 or 195 Helm door dimensions

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m looking at adding a helm storage door on my 2017 AR195. I have seen some other threads that have done a similar mod, but I would like to keep a factory look utilizing the largest door that will fit. I found the parts and prices but it doesn’t give the dimensions.

Can someone with a 2019 provide me with the helm door dimensions on their 190 or 195?

ythao559

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you that looks great and bigger door then what I have found so far. This on my list for next months projects.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been watching this mod for a year now. This is the largest door I've seen used so far. I was |..| that close to buying the smaller one last week. Glad I didn't. I think this one has a better latching/closing system than the other one as well. Price is comparable at $90

I've updated my shopping list. @ythao559 thanks so much for sharing!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Juts a heads up for those reading this in the future.....this door comes with no "support". It's just a door wrapped in plastic and shipped. No hardware, template, or instructions. Template and instructions aren't a big deal, but no hardware was a little dissappointing. Going to have to size/spec some stainless hardware for it now.

Can anyone tell me how thick the fiberglass is where this door mounts? Want to get stainless screws/washers and nylock nuts to hold it in place. Guess I could just guess long and either cut to fit or leave protruding a bit.

Thoughts?

ythao559

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Juts a heads up for those reading this in the future.....this door comes with no "support". It's just a door wrapped in plastic and shipped. No hardware, template, or instructions. Template and instructions aren't a big deal, but no hardware was a little dissappointing. Going to have to size/spec some stainless hardware for it now.

Can anyone tell me how thick the fiberglass is where this door mounts? Want to get stainless screws/washers and nylock nuts to hold it in place. Guess I could just guess long and either cut to fit or leave protruding a bit.

Thoughts?
I wished it came with a template. It would have saved me a lot of time. I had so much random screws lying around so that didn't bother me.

The fiber glass is about 1/4 inch thick except little area on the bottom right corner. There is carpet on the bottom area so if your jigsaw or cutting tool starts stalling, its because the saw is catching on the carpet.

Regarding hardware, I believe I used #10 1/2inch stainless Pan head sheet metal type. No washers. I did have to use one or two #10 3/4inch screws because it would not catch in some areas for some reason. The 1/2inch screws barely protrude but the 3/4 you can feel it. Remember to drill pilot hole first.

Tip: Make sure you verify the ski locker door has clearance to open and not hit the new door.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wished it came with a template. It would have saved me a lot of time. I had so much random screws lying around so that didn't bother me.

The fiber glass is about 1/4 inch thick except little area on the bottom right corner. There is carpet on the bottom area so if your jigsaw or cutting tool starts stalling, its because the saw is catching on the carpet.

Regarding hardware, I believe I used #10 1/2inch stainless Pan head sheet metal type. No washers. I did have to use one or two #10 3/4inch screws because it would not catch in some areas for some reason. The 1/2inch screws barely protrude but the 3/4 you can feel it. Remember to drill pilot hole first.

Tip: Make sure you verify the ski locker door has clearance to open and not hit the new door.
Awesome info. Thanks for the quick reply. Headed to home Depot this afternoon to get the hardware.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ythao559 Thanks again for the info, just completed my install.
6FAE28BF-165C-4361-B1F4-9A7A82D36F9D.jpeg

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this looks awesome. Did you end up having to put anything on the floor? What does it look like behind the helm?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
this looks awesome. Did you end up having to put anything on the floor? What does it look like behind the helm?
The carpet carries through behind the helm. I had to pull it back and trim for the door opening and used rubber cement to glue it back in place.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man that loos great. I've got mine sitting out there, but can't find the time to get it done. Need another warm weekend to spend some time out there.

ALSO.....that boat is super clean. Well done!

Rick Russler

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks awesome! Bought the door but haven’t installed yet. How do you get the bow seatback cushion off to get access to the storage area? Also, I know the new door is held on by screws, but did you use any kind of sealent?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks awesome! Bought the door but haven’t installed yet. How do you get the bow seatback cushion off to get access to the storage area? Also, I know the new door is held on by screws, but did you use any kind of sealent?
To get the cushion off you have to crawl under and loosen two wing nuts then pull the bottom screws through the holes and lift the cushion upward off the brackets. No I didn’t use and sealant but you easily could.

ythao559

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You'll have to sneak into the helm department. There are two wing nuts holding the back cusion. Once thise are removed, you slide the back cushion up (or down, cannot remember) the pull towards you.

I did not use sealant. Didn't really see the benefit of it.

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone found out if the 2019 door will work and the previous hull design?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length