• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190sx waketower

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Hi All,
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a OE AR folding wake tower and install it onto an SX model? As far as I can tell they are the same boat. Thanks and happy boating!

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes it is possible, not inexpensive though...ask me how I know.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

This one with Bimini is about half cost of OE tower

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Yes it is possible, not inexpensive though...ask me how I know.
Ha thanks! I like the look of the OE ones but don't know if I could swallow the premium.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are a couple other options like Samson Harpoon but just as expensive as oem. Just depends what is important to you I guess. For me I want a clean mount where oe mounts, Bimini and folds forward to fit in garage

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Those are all features I'm looking for. OEM mounting points, forward swept, fold down, Bimini

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'll have a pic of the Monster MTK soon enough. Should be here Friday. Ripped my tower apart and Yamaha wouldn't warranty it years ago. Finally decided to get a new tower with my small tax return. With bimini top, the tower was $1848 shipped (no tax). Seems the pre-16 towers shot up in price a LOT. Even the 16+ towers are pricey still.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Can't wait to see it

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Will be doing a review of it and some install tips. Here she is. Fits in a standard 80" garage better than the factory tower too. About 2" more clearance.

61016754715__A87DA58E-312F-47E0-95CD-B08D094288E9.JPGIMG_1353.jpg

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Looks good man! Good call on the white.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
How long and involved was the install?

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I really fucked up on the installed. Made a stupid mistake. Followed the directions instead of double checking shit like I know to do plus its so damn hot here that it sometimes clouds my thinking (already 95-100 by 2pm). Minus my mistake, took a couple people about 6 hours but that was taking our time. Needed a 3rd hand at times to help out (makes it easier, not necessary). Another hour to install the bimini top as well. I'll do a full write up ont he install this week. Really is straight forward after doing it one time but I don't agree with the instructions completely after doing it.

If I had to install another one, I bet I could install it in 3-4 hours with another person w/ bimini installed or less time.

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So how is the tower holding up? Looking at installing an aftermarket tower on my 2019 SX190. What did you end up doing regarding a boat cover, keep your SX190 cover or buy one for the AR190?

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
so far so good. Tower is great. I don’t use my cover. Boat is garaged and lake is 20 miles away. But if I needed to, I could make a small modification as the rear tower holes are already there since I had an AR to start with.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Any day light water pics of the tower? Any regrets?

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No regrets so far! I wish the bimini top was a bit bigger. I am going to make a small change to the angle of it, but it isnt much. If you want shade for the driver, position as far forward as possible. Me personally, I do not care so I used factory holes from the factory tower. I wanted shade for the kid/whoever else likes shade.

Rsparks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will be doing a review of it and some install tips. Here she is. Fits in a standard 80" garage better than the factory tower too. About 2" more clearance.

View attachment 117878View attachment 117879
We have an SX 190 and are going to have the Monster MTK with Bimini installed soon. Was wondering can you tell me are the back legs higher than the windshield when folded?

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We have an SX 190 and are going to have the Monster MTK with Bimini installed soon. Was wondering can you tell me are the back legs higher than the windshield when folded?
It’s 3/4” higher (checked from ground with a level to ensure equal distance) at the back legs but that is also with the Jack completely down in the front. If it were hooked up to the truck, it would be a little higher than the legs.

Top of leg is sitting at 75.5”