• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

192 transducer in a 2014 190...who has done it?

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm hoping that someone has experience or knowledge on the subject. In the owner's manual it states that 190 owners can consult the dealer to have the transducer upgraded (providing access to depth and water temperature). I found the part and number and want to know if this is a plug and play installation. Does anything else need to be changed (guages)? Is there a special sealant that is used? I know that many guys want an aftermarket fishfinder GPS device but I'm not looking for that. The 192 transducer is pricey at about $350 plus shipping but if it's a plug and play install that would be just my speed.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you contacted your dealer?

I thought about the 192 upgrade but went for a GPS, need to fit the transducer, but that won't be till the fall :(

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
Please report back, i would love to do this too.

Gthunter5

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can spend the same money on a lowrance and get gps which is awesome to have on the water especially at night

With down scan I can see trees before I try and anchor. I just did shoot thru hull mount which works well

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
can you take a pic where you mounted the transducer? Thanks

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
what model transducer ? sorry , also does that read depth when your going 40 mph ? Tx

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a quick note regarding mounting transducers in the 190 series. I didn't really want to remove the rear access and thought logically about mounting the device. I was under the assumption that I'd need to sand the area to allow a good contact, but then thought, with mounting on a bed of epoxy any underlation will be filled and a solid contact will be made.
Next, I couldn't get my full arm through the round access holes, so a weedy, needs to fill out a bit, son was drafted in. With the epoxy mixed and spread on the area, the transducer was embedded into the epoxy and left to harden.
Next day I hooked up the transducer to the GPS and tested, A1, excellent work, and didn't even need to remove the whole plastic panel.
Maybe my son has a future as a gynaecologist ;)
image.jpg

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
To answer @ken4motion, yes this is an easy install when swapping out the transducer on the 190 for the one used on the 192. You do not need any sealant. The transducer is a multi part transducer. You are going to be unscrewing the guts of the transducer and replacing them with the guts of the one you buy. The part that is sealed to the hull will not need to be removed. The wiring harness plug is right next to the one that your current transducer is plugged into. It should be labeled "triducer" and will have 3 wires in it instead of 2 if I remember correctly.

When you purchased your boat you should have gotten a bag with the airmar instructions and a black plastic dummy plug. It tells you how to take the transducer apart and use the dummy plug if you were ever doing the job in the water to stop the boat from sinking. You should be able to get this done pretty easily.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a part number for the Airmar transducer from the 192?

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have a part-number for the 192 transducer

Edmarcha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Folks - I know this is an older thread, but can anyone make a recommendation for Depth, fishfinder, gps combo that allows transducer install in stern clean out hatch,
I have a 2013 Yamaha SX190.
Thanks
Ed

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Heres a great thread for the ELITE-5 with pics and install.

Edmarcha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Heres a great thread for the ELITE-5 with pics and install.
Tough to look for Elite-5 is the Elite hook2 5 the newer version.

Lowrance HOOK2 5 - 5-inch Fish Finder with SplitShot Transducer and US Inland Lake Maps Installed ... Amazon.com: Lowrance HOOK2 5 - 5-inch Fish Finder with SplitShot Transducer and US Inland Lake Maps Installed …: Computers & Accessories
Update:
Just followed Elite 5 install thread, saw newer Lowrance also installed same as Elite 5

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok folks,
new Kid here, i have a 2015 SX190.
reading thru all the threads, my boat came with the "black thru-hull plug" in a bag. what do i need to do to get depth and temp to show up on my LCD Display?

Sorry I'm Late to the party - this is my first jet boat....