• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 Bass Fishing

chaseingpucks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While I know that CC boats are primarily for salt water fishing and things of that nature, does anyone on here use their’s to primarily Bass fish or for lake fishing in general? We have four big lakes with good fishing here for Striper and Largemouth but I doubt I’d be getting too many trips to take it down to the coast. How does it do overall as a bass fishing boat?

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If that will be your primary fishing vessel for bass, it will work but will pose more challenges compared to other lake/bass/universal specific fishing boats. Your options will be limited and more challenging to add the creature comfort accessories you'd prefer to bass fish regularly. It would be fine, but if that's your primary purpose might want to consider another vessel. 80/20 rule, if it's 20% of your fishing, perfect, if it's 80% look at other options with your type of fishing in mind. "Fish where the fish are" your challenge will be getting to where the fish are!

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
While I know that CC boats are primarily for salt water fishing and things of that nature, does anyone on here use their’s to primarily Bass fish or for lake fishing in general? We have four big lakes with good fishing here for Striper and Largemouth but I doubt I’d be getting too many trips to take it down to the coast. How does it do overall as a bass fishing boat?
No matter what you are fishing for not having an outboard to work around and having the back deck so low to the water makes the fsh a great fishing boat in my opinion. the 195 has a flat front deck that is very stable for standing. the 210 is recessed with bow seating. I think there may be a table that can fill it in to fish. The front cushion is a nice place for the fish to lay its head down while getting hook removed. lol... I will put the cushions away next time.

One thing I will say is people on my 195 fsh have hit their head a couple of times on the t-top rocket launchers walking a fish around from one side of the boat to the other. I need the shade but some avid fisherman say t-tops get in the way on any boat not just the fsh.

Attachments

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good advice above from @props2you.

We fish fresh water lakes primarily, but fishing is only about 50% of the boats purpose in my family. My older son likes bass, but I am more of a walleye guy myself, and the 4 year old doesn't yet care what he's catching.

It can do it all, but it's a multi tasker boat, not a specific purpose boat. With a solid trolling motor, which i can't imaging bass fishing without, you can bass fish very well. Do you intend to use Talons or any of that business? Jetboatpilot makes mounts for them if so. We like to preserve the transom integrity for swim activities so we didn't go that route though, but it is an option.

If I was doing more bass fishing, I'd probably add the casting platform inserts from JBP also. It would be amazing to have a pedestal seat on there as well and I might even add that for my walleye adventures.

edit: never mind my casting platform insert nonsense, it doesn't apply to the 195. I have a 210 so my brain always goes there. :) A pedestal seat would be great though I bet, although I don't know the deck situation on the 195 very well.

chaseingpucks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well most of my time on the boat will be cruising around, swimming and anchoring out at the sand bar but I’m looking for a boat that’s dual purpose to fish and cruise around and if I get a straight up Bass boat then you can cut out the cruising around with family pretty much and your regular fish and skis have the outboard so you lose the swim platform. I also want a boat you can use year round and since you can basically fish for Bass in any season in the south then you can use the boat all year around.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My friend has a 210 fsh with trolling motor. We bass fish off it often and it does exceptionally well. There seems to be much more room to fish than on my 212SS. I say go for it.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As Joe_c stated, I would probably stay away from the T-top idea as it might hinder your casting.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As Joe_c stated, I would probably stay away from the T-top idea as it might hinder your casting.
I use my 210FSH for bass fishing, walleye and perching. Having the trolling motor is the greatest. No problem casting with the T-top. We also use it for a comfortable family cruise and tubing. Really a good multipurpose choice IMHO