• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 fsh sport - crimped hose doesn't look right to me

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That's the intercooler. Those hoses should not be that crimped. The allow water to escape the intercooler to keep your supercharged air cool

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's the intercooler. Those hoses should not be that crimped. The allow water to escape the intercooler to keep your supercharged air cool
Thanks, I appreciate the reply - I am more of a technical person than a mechanical one but it didn't look right. Everything looks perfect with the engine install and those hoses being crimped really stood out to me. I am sure the dealer will fix but it would probably have to be in the shop for two weeks just for a 5 minute fix. I think the only way to prevent that from happening is put an elbow fitting in there.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Loop the hose to the left instead of the right, and remove the twist. Should be enough room for an acceptable bend radius there.

Those clamps are easy to remove with a pair of pliers/channel locks. I would just take care of it myself and avoid the dealer for this small issue.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Loop the hose to the left instead of the right, and remove the twist. Should be enough room for an acceptable bend radius there.

Those clamps are easy to remove with a pair of pliers/channel locks. I would just take care of it myself and avoid the dealer for this small issue.
I will take care of it myself but there is something about paying 40k and not having it correct from the factory. The starboard drain plug was stuck this weekend. When the dealer installed the helix transducer they never cleaned up the debris from drilling the hole in the bottom of the boat. So all of the shavings and even the pilot hole plug was stuck. people just half-assing everything nowadays. drainplug.jpg

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I will take care of it myself but there is something about paying 40k and not having it correct from the factory. The starboard drain plug was stuck this weekend. When the dealer installed the helix transducer they never cleaned up the debris from drilling the hole in the bottom of the boat. So all of the shavings and even the pilot hole plug was stuck. people just half-assing everything nowadays. View attachment 150363
That's why you gotta do things your self. Sucks but it's the truth now a days. Good luck.

Atadventures

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I noticed that I have the same issue on my 2021 195. Where you able to route the hose like 2kwik4u mentioned or did you have to get small elbows?
It almost seems like the hoses were measured and routed without the insulation being factored it. Then when the added that insulation it just got too crowded.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I noticed that I have the same issue on my 2021 195. Where you able to route the hose like 2kwik4u mentioned or did you have to get small elbows?
It almost seems like the hoses were measured and routed without the insulation being factored it. Then when the added that insulation it just got too crowded.
the photo shows after removing the hose and bending a little different and then reattaching. The one is much better the other I would like to see have a little more room but I haven't had the check engine light come on since I fixed this so I will leave it for now.

Attachments

Atadventures

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very nice. I’ll give mine a shot this week.

Thanks for showing me the picture

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Pretty sure there have been 4 or 5 people who had 2021 svho's with this same exact problem on here

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
the photo shows after removing the hose and bending a little different and then reattaching. The one is much better the other I would like to see have a little more room but I haven't had the check engine light come on since I fixed this so I will leave it for now.
If you can find a good auto parts store that keeps various heater hoses in stock you should be able to find some preformed heater / cooling system hose with 90° or greater sweeps that could go on the outlets of the inter cooler that will eliminate any possible kinking there.

Atadventures

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I just rerouted the hose on the left and it came out much better than before. I also tweaked the one on the right and it is improved, but not perfect. I may have to keep an eye out for some 90 degree angles pieces.
Thankfully my boat was running okay before I noticed this, I just thought it looked way off!

Anyway thanks for the help.

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Not sure whats above the cooler manifold but you would think the engineers could have orientated the inlet/outlet ports for better floor clearance, or used stainless braided/reinforced hoses.