• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 HO Impulse Height

apinks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello! I was wondering the height on the 195 HO Impulse with the tower down? I have a deal done on a used Yamaha AR190, but have been looking at the Scarabs the past few days and see that a dealer not too far from me has a new 2014 in stock and I am really considering checking it out. I know the AR190 will fit in my garage, but curious if the Scarab will. My garage opening is right at 7ft pretty much.
Thanks!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I remember correctly the hight with the tower down is 7'9" on the trailer.

ptdavidson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Scarab 195 Spec sheet says "Height on trailer with Wakeboard tower down = 7'9"." confirmed.

Alex Harvin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello! I was wondering the height on the 195 HO Impulse with the tower down? I have a deal done on a used Yamaha AR190, but have been looking at the Scarabs the past few days and see that a dealer not too far from me has a new 2014 in stock and I am really considering checking it out. I know the AR190 will fit in my garage, but curious if the Scarab will. My garage opening is right at 7ft pretty much.
Thanks!
Apinks, how do you get the AR 190 to fit into the garage with an opening of 7'? I'm having the same issue and it's only thing keeping me from an AR 190 or 195 impulse (both with tower down height of 7'8" or so. My garage door is 7' as well.

apinks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I just got lucky with the pitch on my driveway or something. All I have to do is lower the tower and back it right in with my truck. I have maybe an inch or less of clearance, but I do not have to lower the tongue or let air out of the tires or anything. The pitch on my driveway is not much at all.

I think regardless you should be able to get an AR190 in with 7ft clearance, even if it required lowering the tongue like I have seen others do on here.

@Alex Harvin

Tomba11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Something to think about, thanks!
I am also considering buying the HO 195 and have a garage height of 6 foot 11 . What if you take the
overhead tower all the way off, will it fit then? Hoping to find some way to fit it in the garage for winter storage.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I don't think you want to take the tower all the way off.

Tomba11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I don't think they were designed to be removed. The wiring for the speakers and reattaching the cables I see that being a issue. I had a hard enough time at first just lining up the tower after I put it down the first time.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Has the design of the wake tower changed or is the tire wheel combo bigger with the alloy wheels ? I folded the tower down and it's about 5 in too high to clear my 8' door .

Tomorrow I'll try a few tricks to lose the 5" but I'd rather just back in

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
did you try lowering the tongue jack all the way down and unscrewing the anchor light?

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
did you try lowering the tongue jack all the way down and unscrewing the anchor light?
This afternoon , I'll try my 8.5" drop hitch that I use for my lifted jeep on my Silverado . And I'll try the light if need be .

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok she fits !!! Air down the tires , 8.5" drop hitch and ancor light removed .

bill hanna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just got my 2014 scarab 195 ho and am trying to fit in my garage. I took off the nav light and lowered the tongue jack all the way down. Does the wake tower rest on the steering wheel? Do you tilt the steering wheel up or down? Seems like if the wheel wasn't there the tower would lower more. I can't get it to fit in garage currently.

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just got my 2014 scarab 195 ho and am trying to fit in my garage. I took off the nav light and lowered the tongue jack all the way down. Does the wake tower rest on the steering wheel? Do you tilt the steering wheel up or down? Seems like if the wheel wasn't there the tower would lower more. I can't get it to fit in garage currently.
You will need to go lower than your jack will go . What is your door height ? Mine is 8' and its tight .
Unless I'm missing something , or there is a difference between the 2014 to 2016 my tower won't lower anywhere near the steering wheel . Here is a pic of my tower folded as far as it will go .

image.jpeg

bill hanna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I finally got it in. I have a 8 ft garage. Had to let Air out of tires. My wake tower folds all the way to the steering wheel actually. Thanks for the info!

Attachments

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Checking the specs on the 2017 it shows a height of 7'1 can anyone confirm that? I believe the tower on the 2017's are different, As my garage is right at 7ft I am sure I can make it work just wanted to be sure,

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I think its different if it's a Wake edition?

Patrick d

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
I can fit a 2014 scarab 195 ho impulse in a 6'10" garage opening without deflating the tires! I went with 205 instead of 225 tires and I cut the tower cables to allow it to fold over the steering wheel. Also unscrew the tower nav light and it fits barely. I pull it in and out weekly it's it's pretty easy.