• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 HO Impulse Main Battery

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
OK....I broke one of my most important rule....wire labeling. So I removed the batteries for storage and did not label the cables. I see the positive (red) and I assume the rest go on the (-) of the main battery as they are positioned on the side the (-) would be with battery in. Can anyone post a pic so I do not fry anything. That would real be bad!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe you could post a pic of what you have --- we might be able to help that way.

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Pretty sure the wires in the left of the pic are negative and the only positive is the red which is labled as such.

Attachments

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks @ScarabMike .....I completed the new amp install after removing small kicker sub amp. Just need to hook up batteries for op check.

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@ScarabMike ...just saw a picture you posted on another thread that was actually of my battery and the wiring...I got it handled so no need to post anything.

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No worries....I should have noticed it before and I totally forgot I put that pic up.

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
what size amp did you replace the stock one with? did you keep the factory sub?

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I bought an Alpine MRV M-500 mono sub amp. It is compact enough to fit with the 2 existing kicker amps. If it is not raining Thursday I will get in a grab a pic. Currently the only configuration I can get relates to 300W of the 500 due to the 8" speakers. I got a second 8" 1 ohm and installed it opposite the stock one so yes they I did keep the factory. My better half already complains I have spent too much money. They absolutely pound and no more distorted bottoming out bass. If I had it my way I would get the Alpine MRV 300 for the rest of the speakers. The amps are really decently priced.

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That's awesome man I might have to try this now can't wait to see some pics of the install thanks

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Excuse the wiring...still tidying up.IMG_4464.JPGIMG_4466.JPGIMG_4466.JPG

RFScarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Cool! Send some pics of the sub installed across from the stock one. Cutting boats kills me but has to be done. Considering doing the same. The wiring in these things scare me lol. What direction did you run the wire to the new sub?

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Will do! I had the dealer do it and he said it was an absolute pain. Had to go real slow and take breaks. I would have an installer do the sub mounting for sure if you are not used to it. The speaker wire runs from the port side at the amp to the back around the engine compartment to the starboard side new speaker. Of course due to dual voice coils I had to wire it a certain way. I can include a diagram with the pic I send later. I did not wrap the wire in the shielding but I did wire tie it between the existing wiring that is wrapped in the engine compartment. Hopefully that will not come back to bite me.

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes they look awesome any info on the install would be greatly appreciated

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok I will write it up and get some pics too.

RFScarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Those do look good. Just hate drilling in the boat. Can't wait to see some close ups to set my mind at ease. I'm sure you will address in your write up but tell us did you wire to a separate switch or tie in to existing switch on the dash for interior lights? Thanks man looks cool.

Jpseph296

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes that's the one thing that I fear is drilling below the water line on a brand new boat lol