• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195fsh sport trolling motor and gps/fish finder

craustill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have just bought a 2021 195 FSH sport and wanted to get any recommendations on a trolling motor and GPS / Fish Finder for this boat. This is my first boat and will mainly will be used in saltwater. I heard you definitely want spot lock feature. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have Garmin 743xsv chartplotter/fishfinder with UHD transducer - it includes lakes and coastal chart all the way to bahamas, its important to have so you dont have to second guess where the intracoastal waterway is (it will have like highway like your car GPS). If you buy something else make sure it has pre-installed map as it gets expensive to add later. I do not have trolling motor yet but most of people here install minn kotas 60" shaft 80# thrust, they can comment on that.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
and people will ask for boat pic, you might as well post now 😂

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You can see my equipment in my signature - plus I have 2 AGM batts with a built-in shore charger to power the trolling motor.
Spot Lock is the best; we only use the real anchor and shore spike off of beaches.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You can see my equipment in my signature - plus I have 2 AGM batts with a built-in shore charger to power the trolling motor.
Spot Lock is the best; we only use the real anchor and shore spike off of beaches.
Where are you storing the 2 AGM battery, is it in the same battery compartment?

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No. On the 2017, there are compartments (open areas) under each flip-up jump seat. The bottom seat cushion lifts out for access. The AGMs are under the right seat (opposite side from the battery compartment with the 2 lead acids); everything balances out well. The trolling motor is on the left front bow.

Last edited:

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No. On the 2017, there are compartments (open areas) under each flip-up jump seat. The bottom seat cushion lifts out for access. The AGMs are under the right seat (opposite side from the battery compartment with the 2 lead acids); everything balances out well. The trolling motor is on the left front bow.
Thanks I do not have that in 2021 it now has 25 gallon live well, I might install mine in the changing/potty area so the weight is centered.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have just bought a 2021 195 FSH sport and wanted to get any recommendations on a trolling motor and GPS / Fish Finder for this boat. This is my first boat and will mainly will be used in saltwater. I heard you definitely want spot lock feature. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
Congrats on your new boat!!!!

For the trolling motor, I run a MinnKota Riptide Ulterra with I Pilot link. This particular model is rated for saltwater.. I run in fresh water all the time but the Rip Tide is white and I wanted a white troller. Mine is 36 volt, 112# thrust, three lead acid batteries in the hold, with an on board MinnKota battery charger. The spot lock feature is awesome but so is the auto pilot and cruise control.. those features make it pretty easy to troll and focus on catching fish.

Note: I was in a store yesterday that sells MinnKota trolling motors and a manager took down the display set up. When I asked him about it, he said that to get a MinnKota trolling motor right now, it is a 90 day lead time.

For the fish finder I have a Humminbird Solix 10” Gen 2. I’m very happy with this unit, and am still learning how to use it fully, recent discovery is that 455KHz works best for side and down imagining in deeper water. One of the things I really like about it is that it integrates with the troller, so you can control the troller with either the hand held remote or the from the touch screen. I chose to mount the fish find on a ram mount as opposed to flush mounting it.. the flush mount looks clean, but, with the ram mount I can swing the screen to face me as well as move it towards me so it’s just a slight glance to the right to look at the screen.BED2C6C9-145D-40BA-87F8-553481DAEDE7.jpeg

Last edited:

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice answers here and none of them is wrong :) all good stuff on the market right now!

I personally went with a 36v system (120lb thrust) since I have the 21' boat and we have strong currents around the inlets where I fish. I believe you wouldn't need that with the 19'. The batteries are in the front of the changing room, there is a space there and they are out of the way of anything, they hide perfectly. I also chose the lithium LiFePO4 batteries as they are lighter and have better capacity, but it may not matter to you.

The Ulterra is self deploy/stow and it is fantastic. There is a lot of problems reported online but they were solved with firmware updates over the years. The Terrova is the manual deploy option of the saltwater for Minn Kota. Rhodan also makes great motors as well. I do not know much about the Garmin or MotorGuide options.

For the MFD I went with the Simrad GO 12 as it was the biggest unit that fit the console and I am just a geek like that! I also found a manufacturer renewed version directly from Simrad and saved about $800 so there's that too! Make sure to check the different (many) threads on here to see the right position to install the transducer as with the jets it could cause interference when on the move.

Great boat and welcome!

craustill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you all for your input. I have just purchased a Garmin echomap 74cv with transducer. Any advise or pictures on install would be appreciated.

craustill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone know what's under here? 195fsh sport. Owners manual does not cover this.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fuel Tank?

craustill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure. Cover is very hard to remove. I didn't to break anything so I stopped trying.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure. Cover is very hard to remove. I didn't to break anything so I stopped trying.
It’s the fuel tank access... push down on the levers so they pop up. Turn them 180* to unlatch them, pull straight up.

This is where you gain access to the fuel pumps, and learn how to stand on your head while you try and put a wrench on the mounting bolts to make sure they are secure. Pro Tip, tie a string on the wrench so you can retrieve it when you drop it so that it does not become a new accessory to the boat :-Q

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats on your new boat!!!!

For the trolling motor, I run a MinnKota Riptide Ulterra with I Pilot link. This particular model is rated for saltwater.. I run in fresh water all the time but the Rip Tide is white and I wanted a white troller. Mine is 36 volt, 112# thrust, three lead acid batteries in the hold, with an on board MinnKota battery charger. The spot lock feature is awesome but so is the auto pilot and cruise control.. those features make it pretty easy to troll and focus on catching fish.

Note: I was in a store yesterday that sells MinnKota trolling motors and a manager took down the display set up. When I asked him about it, he said that to get a MinnKota trolling motor right now, it is a 90 day lead time.

For the fish finder I have a Humminbird Solix 10” Gen 2. I’m very happy with this unit, and am still learning how to use it fully, recent discovery is that 455KHz works best for side and down imagining in deeper water. One of the things I really like about it is that it integrates with the troller, so you can control the troller with either the hand held remote or the from the touch screen. I chose to mount the fish find on a ram mount as opposed to flush mounting it.. the flush mount looks clean, but, with the ram mount I can swing the screen to face me as well as move it towards me so it’s just a slight glance to the right to look at the screen.View attachment 149247
Does the minn Kota come with bolt for the mount? If not can you tell me what size bolt you used?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does the minn Kota come with bolt for the mount? If not can you tell me what size bolt you used?
I’m not sure I understand your question? I had mine mounted by the dealer I bought it from, they used the factory mount, and there is quick release type of mount that allows you to remove the troller easily by removing one quick pin and you pull out this bar with tow rods on it, then lift the motor off.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m not sure I understand your question? I had mine mounted by the dealer I bought it from, they used the factory mount, and there is quick release type of mount that allows you to remove the troller easily by removing one quick pin and you pull out this bar with tow rods on it, then lift the motor off.
Ok thanks I’m planning on installing myself so just trying to get as much info on what I need to buy, i have time since minn Kota riptide is not in stock anywhere. I’m referring to the factory mount where the minn kota quick release is mounted044D8FCB-4904-48D8-A7D8-AAC6CCDCBDF3.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok thanks I’m planning on installing myself so just trying to get as much info on what I need to buy, i have time since minn Kota riptide is not in stock anywhere. I’m referring to the factory mount where the minn kota quick release is mountedView attachment 152418
I see…. I have the OEM Mount like you do, and the MinnKota quick release is mounted to it. Never really looked at the quick disconnect other than to set the motor on it and attach the bar with the two pins on it.