• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

195s Lights

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Does anyone have night pictures of the 195s Courtesy Lights and Docking Lights? I'm curious about where the courtesy lights are and colors. Also curious how bright the docking lights are and if they are anywhere other than up front. There appear to be ZERO pics of these that I can find on-line.

Thanks in advance.

The courtesy lights are in the cubbies on either side of captain chairs. They are white. Not very bright at all honestly. I don't have night pictures though.

The mooring lights are up front basically under the bow cleats on each side. They are quite bright. Would be good if coming up to a dock at night for sure. Here's a pic of the lights themselves
20190919_120541.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the pic.

Mike

The courtesy lights are in the cubbies on either side of captain chairs. They are white. Not very bright at all honestly. I don't have night pictures though.
Here's an upgrade for you - I've already bought red LED light strips to replace the courtesy lights, the waterproof kind they sell for cars. I figure it should be an easy swap to wire them in and will be much brighter in the same locations and the "right colour" for my wife.
?
The mooring lights are up front basically under the bow cleats on each side. They are quite bright. Would be good if coming up to a dock at night for sure. Here's a pic of the lights themselves
Yup they are fairly bright, at night time they'll make fine head or docking lights.

Here's an upgrade for you - I've already bought red LED light strips to replace the courtesy lights, the waterproof kind they sell for cars. I figure it should be an easy swap to wire them in and will be much brighter in the same locations and the "right colour" for my wife.
?

I wish I could. My wife won't be caught dead in the boat after dark. No need for lights at all. If I could I'd go full blown though. Just no need of I can't use them ?

WHAT??? Don't you party in the boat in your driveway after dark???
?

Bwahahaha as a matter of fact my daughter and I sometimes do.

Bwahahaha as a matter of fact my daughter and I sometimes do.
Ok good, so it's not just us!
?
Here in Canada we can't legally consume alcohol on our boats unless they have a built-in washroom and cooking facilities onboard. So the only place we can drink with our smaller boats is at a dock/restaurant or back in our driveway...
:rolleyes:

?
Here in Canada we can't legally consume alcohol on our boats unless they have a built-in washroom and cooking facilities onboard. So the only place we can drink with our smaller boats is at a dock/restaurant or back in our driveway...

Oh no. I couldn't handle that. We have DUI restrictions much like a car, but nothing like Canada. I'd be in The water outside my boat for sure all the time

?
What about that hippie lettuce?

View attachment 111521
I installed my own (since they didn't come with them). They are bright enough to light up channel markers. Rarely use my handheld anymore.
20190324_085331681_iOS.jpg

I installed my own (since they didn't come with them). They are bright enough to light up channel markers. Rarely use my handheld anymore.
View attachment 111599
Looking good. That's about the brightness of the 195s stock ones

View attachment 111599
What kind of lights are those? Did you just put them on their own toggle switch? Thanks

What kind of lights are those? Did you just put them on their own toggle switch? Thanks
I got them from here. I use one of the accessory switches to turn them on and off. They do as good job and light up the side as well. Simple to install.

1581542437413.png

Oh no. I couldn't handle that. We have DUI restrictions much like a car, but nothing like Canada. I'd be in The water outside my boat for sure all the time

You're outside the boat idea got me quite excited, thinking we could surf all day, beer in hand, thought we had maybe won! But after some more digging, nope... apparently unless I'm on my own property or in a licensed establishment we are still screwed...... I suppose I should stop drinking with the neighbours in the middle of the road....

You're outside the boat idea got me quite excited, thinking we could surf all day, beer in hand, thought we had maybe won! But after some more digging, nope... apparently unless I'm on my own property or in a licensed establishment we are still screwed...... I suppose I should stop drinking with the neighbours in the middle of the road....

Time to move to America. We should tell all the people that hate the president not to move to Canada. Can't drink up there

Time to move to America. We should tell all the people that hate the president not to move to Canada. Can't drink up there
Now I’ve never been to Canada, but how in the hell do those Mounties catch you out on the water?! [flag]

I got them from here. I use one of the accessory switches to turn them on and off. They do as good job and light up the side as well. Simple to install.

View attachment 111616
Reviving an old thread but, how have these lasted you these past couple years? The one review on Amazon said they got moisture inside after one use. Have you ever had any issues? How large a hole did you have to drill in the side to install them?

Back