• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1991 jetstar 1250

Engine

• Good

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jetstar 1982

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have just bought a jetstar 1250 1991 mod but the engine is broken so it needs to be replaced. Does anyone knowing which motor that fits and possibly the model year? my has a 2-cylinder 65hp Suzuki engine

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe I actually have a jet pump assembly for one of those but honestly I don't know a thing about them and I doubt anyone here will have a lot of info on them either, from the looks of the pump assembly it appears that it runs on a outboard power head. like the older force 90 and 120 jets do. Post a few pictures

Roland

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a 1991 Jetstar that I rebuilt from the ground up from junk condition. The original powerhead was a Suzuki DT60, but I could't find one. I ended up replacing it with a DT50. All of the DT60 parts transferred over and were bolt on matches on the DT50 powerhead. The DT50s were used in the wetbikes so there is slightly more availability. At the current time, I've been debating selling or removing the engine and the jet pump completely and refitting with an alternative fuel outboard (ie. electric or propane). Since it is so light, my long term idea is to possibly use the boat as a dinghy when I hopefully get around to doing the Great Loop. You can see mine on youtube - just search "Jetstar Rolandesq".

Attachments