• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1994 sea ray 90 horse project

slodown11

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I’m new to the forum with a bit of a problem. Thanks in advance to anybody that takes the time to read this!

I recently bought a project boat and I can’t quite figure out what’s wrong with it. When I put it in forward it barely moves and it does nothing in reverse. When moving the throttle to wide open, the lever on the throttle linkage doesn’t even come close to moving the throttle on the carbs.

My assumption is that somebody tried to clean or rebuild the carbs and put it back together wrong but for the life of me I can’t figure out how it goes back together.

Thanks again for looking!

Attachments

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I beleive those boats have a button you pull out on the throttle lever at the pivot point that disengages the shift cable and limits the throttle.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board,
Where are you boating at (or trying to boat at)?

The engine starts and runs fine?
if so, can you manually move the carb lever to increase rpms?

slodown11

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Thanks for your replies guys! I’m located in Wisconsin right now. I did try that button on the throttle both ways and it didn’t seem to make much of a difference. The engine is a little hard to start but starts with spray. I did manually move the carb lever and it increase engine rpm but the boat only sped up a little bit.

slodown11

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Update: I figured out the problem. The steerable nozzle (rudder? I honestly have no idea what it’s called) was stuck aiming the water straight down. I need to lubricate the rods controlling it but have no clue how to do so. Any ideas?