• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1995 Mirage

Rottenkid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Hello everybody. I just bought a 1995 Sugar Sand with the 120 in it. It runs great at full throttle but if you back off on it it dies. It will restart but then you have to go full on again. Any ideas where to start looking. I should let everyone know I'm in Montana so I cant get back out on the water this year. Thanks in advance for any help

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
First I would try the link and sync as discussed here:
Carb and timing tutorial. Page: 1 - iboats Boating Forums | 616464
Also you might try cleaning the carbs as the low speed idle circuits feed the low rpm up to some speed and contribute a little fuel to the mixture at speed.)
Basically the engine should idle and for most of the speed range the acceleration is made by advancing the timing.
I would check the link from the top of the timing tower to the trigger coil arm.

Rottenkid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Thank you. I'll check it out