• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1997 tango loose steering

Robster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I have a 1997 tango and the steering wheel turns from 12 o`clock to 3 o`clock without moving the jet in the back. is there anyway to fix this? {steering wheel play ?}

snowguru

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a 1997 tango and the steering wheel turns from 12 o`clock to 3 o`clock without moving the jet in the back. is there anyway to fix this? {steering wheel play ?}
Does the jet move at all?
Look to see if the out side of cable is broke ,there are ajusting nuts on the cable in the back by the jet left side maybe they are losse

snowguru

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Check under the front console to see if the wheel is moving the cable

RolandSugardsand

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cable on mine is being replaced as we speak, They have a tendancy to stretch , and sometimes wear, best bet would be to replace it, Cost is only about 50.00 for the cable. Good Luck