• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1st outing with my 255xd to fully sea trial, adding to the list of shoddy workmanship

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Took the 255xd out today. Get some break in miles and finish up my punch list before i drop the boat of to dealer to fix my growing list.

Noticed the seadek with the 255xd nameplate isnt even put on straight on the bow. Did they have Ray Charles work on this boat?

Boat ran great power and engine wise. Steering felt very darty and kept changing track. Was a lil choppy and windy today but it def didnt feel right. I measure my nozzles when i got back which im making another thread about to collect info from other with same boat to see where it should be. M ind you ive already been back to dealer and the "supposedly" fixed it.

Anchor locker lid.....video provided. All screws loose on inspection, lid rocking. Tightened screws myself. 2 of them are trashed, they wont tighten, obviously whomever installed fucked it. Still dont get how this shit passes delivery QC, prior to dealership.

Steering hydraulics. Video provided. Bolts that screw the rod assemble to boat loose. When turning wheel lock to lock you can see the slop. Hope this is my darty feel. Going to tighten myself. Photo provided of the cable thread engagement. To me this doesn't seem right, Id expect them to be equal engagement. This makes me think on top of the factory fuck up with crooked steering, the dealership didn't even do it right, and didnt catch these loose bolts on the whole mechanism. This is the god damn STEERING, kinda important!

In closing, It launched of the trailer relatively easy and loaded the same....5 mins tops each way. Im coming from a 20ft Seadoo Speedster Wake 430. Changed out the garbage bow stop for a stoltz unit while it was off. Have an issue where in float mode i couldnt just run off the house battery, I had to have both switched to on in order to listen to music. The dash kept rebooting. Im charging the house battery overnight to see if it was low. If not.....add that to the list. Bunch of rattles behind the interior pieces, obviously they were never pinned correctly from my previous post. You cant run the wakeboosters manual, always have to have a profile set which controls the launch and you cant throttle manually. You floor it and it takes control. Its neat, but it would be nice to have a manual way. Ill add more as i test. I love the boat but I hate the fact I know it was put together half assed.

Attachments

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sorry you continue to have issues; I'd be pissed. The only thing I can offer help on is the music/battery issue (though I'm not 100% sure if the rebooting thing is related to this or is a separate issue). The system is set up such that both battery switches need to be turned on to listen to music in float mode, but the system will only draw from the house battery and not the start battery (as long as you don't have the yellow emergency connector switch turned on, of course). I know it doesn't seem intuitive to leave both battery switches turned on, but that's how it's set up. It's been discussed in other threads here and on the Yamaha Facebook group.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sorry you continue to have issues; I'd be pissed. The only thing I can offer help on is the music/battery issue (though I'm not 100% sure if the rebooting thing is related to this or is a separate issue). The system is set up such that both battery switches need to be turned on to listen to music in float mode, but the system will only draw from the house battery and not the start battery (as long as you don't have the yellow emergency connector switch turned on, of course). I know it doesn't seem intuitive to leave both battery switches turned on, but that's how it's set up. It's been discussed in other threads here and on the Yamaha Facebook group.
Thank you, thats what i figured. Its odd how it works lol. Coming from boats with the ability to isolate on your own threw a curve ball at me.

heres todays disgust as i walked outside to head to work and the sun caught the hull the right way. Is this acceptable delivery on a 95k boat?

Attachments

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you, thats what i figured. Its odd how it works lol. Coming from boats with the ability to isolate on your own threw a curve ball at me.

heres todays disgust as i walked outside to head to work and the sun caught the hull the right way. Is this acceptable delivery on a 95k boat?
Wow, that isn't acceptable for the dealer to have released it like that. Mine had some paint issues when i took delivery and they corrected the paint before they turned it over to me.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've ranted on here a few times about the poor quality of the new Yamahas, and I do not even own a new one. Mines a (2015)

Just looking at them at the dealership and of course reading all the issues new owners like yourself is experiencing. It appears that the workers are either not getting properly trained, do not care or are pushed to just crank out the boats. Yamaha can get away with this for now as new boats are so in demand, if you don't buy it somebody else will. This will bite them in the ass , when it calms down and people will not put up with this low quality of work. I am fanatical about things being done correct, I'd be blowing a gasket.
Good luck on getting everything sorted.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
im sure it will all get sorted out. whats funny is of all the things you have posted, that front seadek mat is the one that would drive me absolutely bat $hit crazy. i couldnt look at that all day.

as previously stated, you do need both battery switches in the on position to make your connext stay on and play music. that is totally normal.

the steering cylinder should def not have play like that. next time im on my boat i will double check mine. mine has a white cover screwed in over it so not too easy to see it.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Took the 255xd out today. Get some break in miles and finish up my punch list before i drop the boat of to dealer to fix my growing list.

Noticed the seadek with the 255xd nameplate isnt even put on straight on the bow. Did they have Ray Charles work on this boat?

Boat ran great power and engine wise. Steering felt very darty and kept changing track. Was a lil choppy and windy today but it def didnt feel right. I measure my nozzles when i got back which im making another thread about to collect info from other with same boat to see where it should be. M ind you ive already been back to dealer and the "supposedly" fixed it.

Anchor locker lid.....video provided. All screws loose on inspection, lid rocking. Tightened screws myself. 2 of them are trashed, they wont tighten, obviously whomever installed fucked it. Still dont get how this shit passes delivery QC, prior to dealership.

Steering hydraulics. Video provided. Bolts that screw the rod assemble to boat loose. When turning wheel lock to lock you can see the slop. Hope this is my darty feel. Going to tighten myself. Photo provided of the cable thread engagement. To me this doesn't seem right, Id expect them to be equal engagement. This makes me think on top of the factory fuck up with crooked steering, the dealership didn't even do it right, and didnt catch these loose bolts on the whole mechanism. This is the god damn STEERING, kinda important!

In closing, It launched of the trailer relatively easy and loaded the same....5 mins tops each way. Im coming from a 20ft Seadoo Speedster Wake 430. Changed out the garbage bow stop for a stoltz unit while it was off. Have an issue where in float mode i couldnt just run off the house battery, I had to have both switched to on in order to listen to music. The dash kept rebooting. Im charging the house battery overnight to see if it was low. If not.....add that to the list. Bunch of rattles behind the interior pieces, obviously they were never pinned correctly from my previous post. You cant run the wakeboosters manual, always have to have a profile set which controls the launch and you cant throttle manually. You floor it and it takes control. Its neat, but it would be nice to have a manual way. Ill add more as i test. I love the boat but I hate the fact I know it was put together half assed.
How's the wave with those auto boosters?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is correct, my 2020 is the same way. If the starter battery switch is off, it just beeps and drives you insane. Just keep them both on. You can watch the battery on the house batter get drawn down.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
How's the wave with those auto boosters?
we were out in chop and windy conditions, i tested them, they seemed to def help but i think my nozzles arent pointed correctly still. I need a 255 xe or xd owner to measure theres so i can compare.

Ill be testing again this weekend and actually getting in the water and bringing a ballast bag or 2 to add additional. I have the preorder 25ft fat sac on order from gatlin which should def help once its out.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
im sure it will all get sorted out. whats funny is of all the things you have posted, that front seadek mat is the one that would drive me absolutely bat $hit crazy. i couldnt look at that all day.

as previously stated, you do need both battery switches in the on position to make your connext stay on and play music. that is totally normal.

the steering cylinder should def not have play like that. next time im on my boat i will double check mine. mine has a white cover screwed in over it so not too easy to see it.
Actually that one was the icing on the cake. I have severe symmetrical OCD lol, i caught that once out on the water and couldnt keep looking at it and getting heated. Im demanding they get me a new piece and ill install it myself since it seems no one is capable.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Lol thats like me. The couple things that needed to be taken care of my boat i told the dealer just get me the part and ill do it. I have been doing this stuff for 25 years and its a shame but i have little faith in anyone performing a service for me anymore. Kinda a shame but thats the way it is. Very rare when someone impresses me with the quality of work they are putting out

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Lol thats like me. The couple things that needed to be taken care of my boat i told the dealer just get me the part and ill do it. I have been doing this stuff for 25 years and its a shame but i have little faith in anyone performing a service for me anymore. Kinda a shame but thats the way it is. Very rare when someone impresses me with the quality of work they are putting out
That's where I am at. Just had to fix the sliding seat by my self. It was that or wait 3 months at the dealer, only for something else to get messed up.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You guys are keying in on why I will not buy a new Yamaha.
1. Everything on mine works
2. I am not willing to wait months to be serviced
3. I don't have faith that the 'techs' can do a better job diagnosing and repairing issues.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

When you get done fixing all these bumps and bruises its going to be black and blue! Damn

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
That's where I am at. Just had to fix the sliding seat by my self. It was that or wait 3 months at the dealer, only for something else to get messed up.
Speaking of seats, the sliding/swivel mechanism is a fn joke. I have to get down on my hands and knees to adjust the seat. What a POS design. Some people are old and arthritic, wtf

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Speaking of seats, the sliding/swivel mechanism is a fn joke. I have to get down on my hands and knees to adjust the seat. What a POS design. Some people are old and arthritic, wtf
which seat?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I noticed that too. I javent messed with it but i saw my buddy on the passenger side chair on his hands and knees trying to unlock it while i was running the boat. He finally got it then as soon as the chair rotates fwd again the lock snaps back in place lol. He gave me one of these 🤷‍♂️

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I noticed that too. I javent messed with it but i saw my buddy on the passenger side chair on his hands and knees trying to unlock it while i was running the boat. He finally got it then as soon as the chair rotates fwd again the lock snaps back in place lol. He gave me one of these 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, you have to pull the lever out, then rotate it. My wife is not strong enough. The design is flawed

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So i noticed yet ANOTHER thing on this boat tonight. I was trying to figure out what all the holes on bottom of boat were, i knew they were for the ballast system but not sure if single feed single drain, or each hole was dual duty. Its 3 ballast, 3 pumps, 3 feeds that also are discharge.

What pisses me off is the stern ballast has the hole with the built in grate, the bow has the hole with built in grate. The port side is this monstrosity with no grate and if you look inside it its 3/4 clogged with black RTV silicone like they ran outta the correct thru hull fitting and jerry rigged this. Ive fucking had it with this boat! What are we just grabbing whatever shit is laying around the shop to finish?

Add it to the list!

Attachments