• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2 quick gen'l dumb questions

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
boat hoole.jpg

Question #1 what is the black hole at the bottom of this picture is that the bilge hole so if water gets that high it will be sucked from that area?

Question #2 I have water in my floor locker. If I open the drain plug do I ALSO have tp open the drain plug that is in the outside rear of the boat by the jets. (Transom Plug)?? Or do I only have to open the locker plug and it will self drain

Don't know about question 1 but question 2 you will need to open up both the transom plug and the locker plug to get the water out.

Question 1 is so water can flow from the clean out plug/ water box area into the engine compartment so the bilge pump can pump out the water; it also allows water from the engine compartment to drain out the rear drain plug when the boat is on the trailer.

If you pop out the access hatch on the clean out tray while the engine hatch is open you can see light shine through that drain hole and you can get an idea of where it leads to.

Really????? Sounds I guess they have a good reason..... Mine runs out the back of the boat from the cleanout tray.

Really????? Sounds I guess they have a good reason..... Mine runs out the back of the boat from the cleanout tray.

I guess I wasn't completely clear, the water from the actual tray runs out the back, but the area under the tray, where the clean plug tubes, waterboxes, etc are is where that hole leads. Does that make sense? If I had my boat here I could take a picture and it be a lot easier to understand.

Makes sense now....

When I opened the drain plug in the floor storage it drained onto the engine compartment under the engines...What it didn't do is draig out the rear plug under the boat...now I don't know if that is because the boat was level at the time or because there wasn't enough water in the engine compartment to begin to drain out the rear...so I would assume that when the water gets high enough it will start the bilge. but either way it seems like a little water will always stay at the very bottom of the engine compartment unless you place a towel down there to absorb it like I did.

When I opened the drain plug in the floor storage it drained onto the engine compartment under the engines...What it didn't do is draig out the rear plug under the boat...now I don't know if that is because the boat was level at the time or because there wasn't enough water in the engine compartment to begin to drain out the rear...so I would assume that when the water gets high enough it will start the bilge. but either way it seems like a little water will always stay at the very bottom of the engine compartment unless you place a towel down there to absorb it like I did.

My 212 does the same thing. I can get most to drain out if I park it on a hill, but your definitely right. I always have a little water left there. I usually just throw a boat towel down there and sop it up.

I also noticed TWO other drain plugs in the engine compartment. They are in the very front, on the bottom in the middle..Any idea why these ones are there ?

The one on the front wall allows the forward compartments to drain back to the bilge pump area (ski locker, fuel tank area). The one beside it on the floor allows any water to flow down and into the lower hull area and out the back of the boat's drain plug.

At least that's what I guessed last week when I noticed them as well. I may not be correct.

On my boat the plug in the front wall of the engine compartment only drains the fuel compartment, not the ski locker. The ski locker drains directly to the hull and back to the transom plug (and back up to the bilge when deep enough).

The hole in the risers in the engine compartment replace the drain plug that used to be in the middle section. Now the middle section (of the engine compartment) is open to the aft section, that is open to the bilge under the clean out tray. Ya'll are right, the forward plug in the forward section in the engine compartment drains the fuel tank compartment into that small section. If water was present there, and drained into that small compartment, you would open the bottom plug and let that water drain into the bilge under the engine tray and back to the transom drain plug to be removed. These boats drain well...but they have to be nose high to do so and won't drain when level or close to it, very well. I have noticed my new 240 also holds water (a cup full or two) in the center engine compartment area as well as aft by the bilge pump. Just not enough water to be picked up by the pump. I don't jack my boat too high, so it doesn't drain those areas either very well. I hand towel is all that is necessary to dry it however.

Back