• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

200 HP or 250 HP is converting an option?

sandler312

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey All,

I have the option to buy a lightly used 200HP VRX 243. The ad stated 250HP which is what I thought and now am not sure if I want the boat. My Sea-Doo Mechanic says it is just a different air intake and possible super charging and new mapping of the ECU. Not sure if this is worth it or will void the warranty or will affect the docking mode once remapped?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have twins 250s. The amount of pull with these engine is incredible. I'd get the higher horsepower (especially with a bigger boat). This also depends on your objective; what will you be doing with the boat. Try to buy 2017 and newer. Lots changed with the engine and maintenance. Good luck!

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sure it's not as easy as mechanic makes it sound. If you add a super charger I'm pretty sure you need intercooler.

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Definitely not that easy... And you will need to open up your wallet.