• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2000 Speedster Low oil light

NSAviator

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
The other day I was driving back in my 2000 speedster and the low oil light came on, along with a kind of alarm. But the oil tank is now where near empty. I dont know if its a bad sensor or somehow oil isn’t getting to where it needs to. Thoughts?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't know this boat, but seeing as no one else has answered....

I would first check to see if there is some sensor evident on the oil tank. If there is one there, I would remove and clean or replace. If not, the sensor for the oil may be in the line and that may indicate something is gummed up or blocked in the line.

NSAviator

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
My thoughts exactly. Cleaning at the tank is easy, the lines Ill have to figure out lol

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would also say you should check the sensor at the sensor connection as well as the connections at the light. Make sure all connections are free of corrosion and that they are tight.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Being a 2000, is it safe to assume this a Mercury SportJet? The SportJets have two oil tanks. One remote tank that holds roughly 2 gallons and one on the powerhead itself. I could be wrong, but I believe there is a sensor on both.

The Service manual will help you out on the Mercury engines.

Good luck,