• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2001 sugar sand tango 4+2 210 motor need parts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Looking for parts and rear seat on my 2001 sugar sand 210 4+2 thank you

KDMann

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Two part answer:

1) Engine/Mechanical: This boat uses a Mercury 'Sport Jet' Engine/Jet Drive, which is essentially the top end (powerhead) from a more-or-less 'standard' Mercury outboard engine mated to the Sport Jet drive gear unit and jet pump. Virtually all important parts are readily available from any Mercury Outboards dealer. Because so many of these engines were made, the aftermarket options are cheap and plentiful. For example I just installed an aftermarket primer/lift pump in my 1999 Tango 4+2 (175hp XR2) that the dealers sell for $400. Got it on Amazon for $15...

2) Seats, Etc.: Sugar Sand boats were manufactured in North Dakota by a company that fell victim to the 2007 economic crash, and like some other manufacturers at the time nothing was done to preserve records or parts lists, manuals, etc.

I've been scouring the internet and the Internet Archive and I can't find any manuals that describe even the switches on the dashboard. Most boat parts (regardless of manufacturer) are made by another company, for example the nav lights at the bow are made by Attwood and still available there.

As far as boat-specific parts (graphics, windshields, seats/upholstery, lids/hatches), your best bet is the used market.