• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2003 speedster, lost steering on river

2003 speedster lost steering, any help trouble shooting or advice to repair?

• poll

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • poll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

benny b

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
lost steering on a speester 150, any advice where to start trouble shooting or repair?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am guessing your steering cable is broken. Does the jet move when you turn the wheel?

benny b

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am guessing your steering cable is broken. Does the jet move when you turn the wheel?
nope, nothing, boats sitting in water at end of dock, yes i think ur right, can a cable replace be a diy project?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is an out of water DIY project. Can you find a part number on the cable? It is probably a Teleflex / SeaStar cable.

I am replacing both steering and reverse bucket cables on my 2007 SX230 tomorrow.

benny b

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is an out of water DIY project. Can you find a part number on the cable? It is probably a Teleflex / SeaStar cable.

I am replacing both steering and reverse bucket cables on my 2007 SX230 tomorrow.
ok cool, ill pull it out tom and start the repair, could you let me know how ur cable change goes? thanks for the info