• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2004 LX210 Fuel Line Leak

BigMatt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I detected that my 2004 LX210 2 stroke starboard engine developed a fuel leak right at the connection of the fuel hose to the carburetor at the rear of the engine. But the position of the hose clamp at the end of the hose is really impossible to reach with a screwdriver or small socket wrench. Also, I can't really see the condition of the end of the hose, to see if it may be cracked or rotted from old age. How much of the top of the engine must be dismantled to get at that fuel line clamp? I would like some advise if somebody else already changed their fuel lines - how hard was it to access that connection? Trying to learn if this is an easy fix or if there is a ton of work to get access to that clamp.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A well lit pic might be useful to the collective. From your explanation I'm thinking I might use a dremel to carefully cut the clamp and replace the entire flexible line.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought I had a leak at the fuel line as well but it was the carb leaking I used an inspection camera to see what was going on and it did help some. In my case I was able to access the lines once I removed the arresfor from what I remember.

BigMatt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I thought I had a leak at the fuel line as well but it was the carb leaking I used an inspection camera to see what was going on and it did help some. In my case I was able to access the lines once I removed the arresfor from what I remember.
Thank you for the reply. I think I was over-thinking trying to find / fix the leak. Instead I will just use this as an opportunity to change the fuel filters and lines. It can't be too hard to take the carburetor cover parts apart to get access. (Fingers crossed.)

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could also ditch the fuel filters and put in Sierra water/fuel filters as an upgrade. With the water that can condense in the tank, these are a plus