• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2004 Yamaha AR 210 Remote control handles are locked at neutral position

Harry SL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi I just boat Yamaha 2004 AR 210. when it's remote control box is on the neutral position two levers to accelerate the engines are locked. is it supposed to be that way or shud I be able to move the throttles even at the neutral position. I can move the throttles when the gear is in forward or reverse positions.

Appreciate any help ?

Thanks / Harry

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Harry SL you should be able to move both the port and starboard throttles freely when the motor is started or unstarted. There is no ignition lock like a car that makes it difficult to move the "gear shifter" when the engines are not running. You might want to post this under a different thread since your have posted your question under electronics.

Harry SL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks much..

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are 3 levers on his boat, one for forward and reverse and 2 just for throttle for each engine. That is how my XR1800 was. So like everyone has said there is no lockout.

Each lever should move freely, sounds like you have some cable issues or binding. Pull the cluster out and inspect.

Last edited:

Harry SL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it's locked only in the neutral position, it works fine in the forward position and reverse position. yes I also think there shud be some issue in the box. Thanks

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I thought that the boats with the seperate forward / neutral / reverse level locked the throttle levers when in neutral. Start engine in neutral at idle, shift to forward or reverse, and unlocks the throttles. Plus you may need to move the throttle to idle to shift from forward the reverse.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah...something is wrong...you should be able to rev the engines in neutral with a 3 lever throttle system. You can't move from Neutral with the throttles in anything but idle...so perhaps that lockout has broken in some way. But I am certain on my boat you can rev in neutral...I used to do it all the time and was amused that the back of my boat would rise up when I did it (because neutral is jets pointing down)

For those of you with newer (non-E-series boats) SOME newer model boats also allow you to do and some do not. For example, my 2005 SX230 allows you to rev the engines in neutral without moving the buckets! Many people don't know this! There is a button under the rubber pivot point of the throttles that when pushed in, releases the throttles to move on their own without the buckets.