• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 sugarsand

nicktango2005

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
i have a 2005 sugarsand tango w/240hp and M2jetdrive. I've replaced the wear ring but i'm still cavitating when I turn. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it. thx nic

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
i have a 2005 sugarsand tango w/240hp and M2jetdrive. I've replaced the wear ring but i'm still cavitating when I turn. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it. thx nic
Sure te impeller is ok? Doesn't seem logical but it seems the stainless impeller wears more than the aluminum wear ring. I just replaced both on my 240 Mirage as it was cavitating under load, haven't been able to try it out though, everything is flooded where I go. check the specs here; Boatinfo - Mercury Service Manual for 240 EFI JetDrive

nicktango2005

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
hey thanks for the information. I ordered a impeller and i'll install it this week end. I know there's not many moving parts in this so I hope this fixes things. At least now it'll have all new parts. Taking the grate off I can further inspect for stuff in the impeller. thx again

nicktango2005

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
has anyone had this problem? I have a 2.5 mercury and i'm not able to come up on full power. I've replaces plugs twice fuel filter and now all 6 coils. the best I can do is about 4,500 rpm. thanks for the help

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Maybe not much help but might be worth a look. Capture.PNG