• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 AR230 Mooring Cover Clarification

Jon Phillips

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As the subject states... I have a 2006 AR230. My cover is on it's last legs (again) and I need to replace this year. I am after a OEM replacement... not a custom. I know the old/original cover model numbers no longer exist and I also know they do not sell them in the gray color anymore... only the charcoal. What I want to confirm is the correct model number before I order a new one. One place online has a model number of MAR-230MC-TW-CH. They state this fits AR230's for years 2007-2009. Another place online has a model number MAR-230TW-CH-18 and they state it fits 2003-2006. Both come up in searches for covers for my boat and most places have incorrect or conflicting info in their online listings so... I am hoping one of you can clarify which model number I need exactly for my boat.
:)

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You need the MAR-230TW-CH-18 .

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
also they changed fabric, at least on the 07-09 models, I just bought a new '07 OEM from partsplus, I had to wait 3 months because it was on back order and the material is much thicker, feels like better quality, better snaps and ratchets also,

I could have ordered from yamahasportsplaza, they had in stock but I was worried it was the "old" material.

ridefst

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a cover on amazon that fits my 2005 ar230 perfectly. It’s a dark color, instead of my original light. And the cover for the ratchets is now some sort of neoprene instead of canvas.
All else is the same though. Was a little tight to instal, but I’m expecting it’ll loosen up in the sun also.
The item title was a little weird talking about an ar210 but it fits...

Yamaha Marine New OEM Sport Boat Tower Mooring Cover AR210 212X, MAR-230TW-CH-18 Amazon.com: Yamaha Marine New OEM Sport Boat Tower Mooring Cover AR210 212X, MAR-230TW-CH-18: Automotive

Jon Phillips

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought this same one and it worked great. Thanks

I just bought a cover on amazon that fits my 2005 ar230 perfectly. It’s a dark color, instead of my original light. And the cover for the ratchets is now some sort of neoprene instead of canvas.
All else is the same though. Was a little tight to instal, but I’m expecting it’ll loosen up in the sun also.
The item title was a little weird talking about an ar210 but it fits...

Yamaha Marine New OEM Sport Boat Tower Mooring Cover AR210 212X, MAR-230TW-CH-18 Amazon.com: Yamaha Marine New OEM Sport Boat Tower Mooring Cover AR210 212X, MAR-230TW-CH-18: Automotive

Hat929

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems that MAR-230TW-CH-18 to an AR230 2006 is not possible to buy anymore.

Anyone knows if it possible to fit MAR-230MC-TW-CH to a AR230 2006? (perhaps with some minor modifications?)