• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 FX Cruiser vs FX Cruiser HO

tiger275

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know that the "real" model differences were in 2006 between the FX Cruiser and the FX Cruiser HO?

Did they both have the same M1 engines? Was it mostly cosmetic? Massive performance differences? Is all the difference in the pumps/impeller?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had both at one time (the non ho's ecu died so I sold it). Anyway, the ho has a 1,052 cc 160 ho motor whereas the non ho had a 998 cc 140 hp motor. The performance difference was very noticeable between the ski's with the ho topping out at 57 or 58 and the non ho at 48. The ho also accelerated a lot better/ fast than the non ho. Cosmetically, the ho had two PPP up cleats, and an extra multi gauge showing air and water temps as well as trip information. Also the ho has an electric key fob that allows me to limit the rpms of the engine or disable the ski altogether. Oh. For so,e reason the ho was lighter than the non ho by about 60 pounds. Other than the above the ski's look exactly alike.

tiger275

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow. Thanks for the great response. I am not sure I could have asked for a more perfect scenario in that you owned both skis at the same time.

That is odd that the HO weighed less. Maybe the engine is lighter or something.

Generally speaking, were they good skis - what was your overall impression? How long did you end up keeping them? Would you buy them again (given the chance)?

I am just looking for something to complement my SX230 HO and was looking for something that shared some a common engine. A few of these popped up as available and am considering if they are a good "all around toy" or if I debating with myself if I should keep looking for (a) newer or (b) more powerful or (c) buy one of the lower end "new models".

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got them both in 2010, the non ho died two years ago and I just sold it this year. The ho I still have and just rode it yesterday, most reliable ski I have ever owned out of around 20 now over 25 plus years. I would buy another in a heartbeat is this one died but would probably get one with a 1.8 liter na motor so that I could cannibalize it if one in the boats dies. That is what I was planning to do if an engine in the 06 SX 230 Ho I used to own died. The 06 ho is mo longer the best performing ski out there but it's no dog either and you can't beat the price.

tiger275

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"A few of these popped up as available and am considering if they are a good "all around toy" or if I debating with myself if I should keep looking for (a) newer or (b) more powerful or (c) buy one of the lower end "new models".
Not sure if this is allowed in the normal forums...but I'll give it a go...

Turns out the seller decided to list these skis on eBay and craigslist. These prove to be out of my comfort zone, but perhaps someone else is interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-2006-Yamaha-Waverunners-/142089605764?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2115335284:g:fXYAAOSwaB5XtaBI&item=142089605764

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/5737335794.html

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow 20 hours combined! I usually wouldn't look twice since they are non HOs but those skis are basically new and are still better imho than an entry level vx which would cost close to the Same amount once tax, prep and a trailer are considered.