• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 Mooring cover for a 2005 AR230?

MJoseph

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Greetings,

Does anyone know if a 2007 morning cover will also fit the 2005 AR230? Long story short, I can get my hands on a discounted 2007 but Im not sure it will fit properly. I know there are some subtle changes but the hull and cockpit are the same shape right? Has anyone done this before?

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’m pretty sure 2005-2006 are different hulls than 2007-2009. If you look at pics, the 05/06 windshield seems flush with the hull near the rub rails, but 07-09 the windshield is higher so I would be surprised if it fit as well. It might be tolerable, but it probably won’t be the nice tight fit the OEM cover usually does. The tower might be different mounting points as well.

MJoseph

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Captainhook. If anyone is wondering, a 2007 will NOT fit a 2005. the cleats, tower and gas cap are all slightly different. It will cover your boat and keep the sun off but not very well. you're better off getting the right fit.

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Captainhook. If anyone is wondering, a 2007 will NOT fit a 2005. the cleats, tower and gas cap are all slightly different. It will cover your boat and keep the sun off but not very well. you're better off getting the right fit.
Any chance you can share where this discounted cover is available?

MJoseph

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any chance you can share where this discounted cover is available?
It was a friend of a friend who had it leftover from his old (sold) boat.

MLo3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it still available?
I bought the wrong cover for my 2005 and used the 2007 cover for a year. I just bought the right one and am currently selling the old cover for the 2007-2009 model. If interested, let me know.

JayW24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the wrong cover for my 2005 and used the 2007 cover for a year. I just bought the right one and am currently selling the old cover for the 2007-2009 model. If interested, let me know.
Is this still available and is it for an AR or SX?

John_butt20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do
Do you still have the cover for sale?