• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 SX210 Fuel Gauge

Steven Douglass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good day everyone, new member here in New Brunswick, Canada. Just bought the SX210 and need to replace the fuel gauge. The OEM# is F1T-U8241-01-00, any suggestions on where I could get a replacement?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have you tested the gauge to confirm it's indeed the problem? It could also be the float (But in my case the Gauge was bad, so it could be the gauge)

There are some aftermarket gauges that work. Do a quick search on Fuel Gauge on the board to find it, I have a KUS branded gauge that works well. gets a little foggy sometimes, but so do the others from time to time.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with bummer, what problem are you having, many of us have replaced the sender,

If you haven't yet, check out the link in my signature below for common issues with your model boat, especially the scupper valve,

Steven Douglass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Beachbummer and Scottintexas, thanks very much for the replies. I should have been more clear in my first post, sorry about that... The gauge is physically broken, see below. Looks like the housing is broken where the exterior trim ring connects to it. It seems to work fine as far as indicating the fuel level. Any ideas on how to deal with this? The end goal is for the gauge (this one or a replacement) to be flush as it was from the factory. I am concerned about potential complications with trying to jimmy-rig another fuel gauge to the existing wiring.

fuel gague.jpg

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
lol..yes, if I had to guess I'd say the gauge needs replacing !!! Understatement of the year.

The factory gauges are quality, but the fuel gauge shows as unavailable to order. The gauge was used on boats as late as 2011.

It seems the part has been discontinued, so unless you keep an eye on eBay and are willing to buy used, you may not find a perfect match.

The good is that this gauge is quite standard in terms of it's functioning,

There is a sensor wire that varies in resistance to indicate the fuel level.

I believe something like this, and some cable splicing will restore you to "almost" factory. Since you have the old gauge you can even splice the existing pigtail on your current gauge, and retain the factory wiring on the boat side.

Here is how it looks along with the other gauges in a 2008 SX230

Attachments

Steven Douglass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Beachbummer, that looks good installed! I was just about to order one and noticed that the signal resistance of the recommended gauge shows European 0-190 ohm. The one I found up here in Canada shows 240-33ohm. Is the 0-190 ohm model the one that I need for my SX?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't find my original receipt, but the service manual numbers are much closer to the 0-190.

Fuel sender
Fuel sender resistance
Position A Q 133.5-136.5
Position B Q 5-7

Does someone remember the specks for the fuel float??

Steven Douglass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Beachbummer, I looked at LOTS of replacements and couldn't find one that would match well enough (for me). I was however able to fix the original as I found the gauge trim ring w/glass. I used some JB weld and stuck 'em all together! Look as good as new.
JB.jpg gauge.jpg