• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2008 AR210 Free air sub placement?

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m on my final part of my 2098 Yamaha AR210 sound system upgrade and need some placement advice. I searched the forum and can’t find any pics of a 210 in my age range with a free air sub, so I need some advice.

I need some ideas on a size and placement for the sub.

I’m considering this sub

Diameter: 11.02 inches w/grill
Mounting Depth: 4.72 inches

Or this one

Diameter: 12.6 inches
Mounting Depth: 4.92 inches

Wet sounds 10” Revo 4 ohms. Maybe the 12” if I can find a spot to put it.

My thoughts are:
1. In the bench opposite of the captains chair
2. In the wall beside the captains chair under the throttle controls (assuming there is room?)
3. In the bench behinds the captains chair
4. Other options?

I don’t want the speaker to get damaged by someone kicking it or a cooler hitting it but I also want it to sound the best it can. It doesn’t seem like there are a lot of flat spots that are decent for a sub on these boats. So I’d love to see some pictures of what some of you have done.

My system so far:
- Fusion MS-RA70 head unit with swim deck controls
- Wet Sounds SYN-DX 6 channel amp (channels 1-4 each to a revo speaker. Channels 5&6 for the sub)
- Wet Sounds SYN-DX-2.3HP amp (1 channel each to a Rev 10 tower speaker)
- 2x Wet Sounds 10” Rev10 tower speakers
- 4x Wet Sounds 6.5” Revo speakers with light rings
- Wet Sounds RGB LED controller
- Wet Sounds WW-fuse ANL-Marine single fuse
-Wet Sounds WW-Fuse-Dist-Block 4 post fuse/distribution block
- sub: Wet Sounds 10” or 12” 4 ohms sub (tbd)

I went with a 10" JL and it hits hard! I have heard good things about Wet Sounds so I assume a 10 would be more than enough. I placed mine in the helm so that if faces toward the gunnel and the bass has time to mature and bounce back at you. It looks like the grill on the Wet Sounds Woofer is even beefier than the JL so I wouldn't be too concerned with things bumping into it.

I went with a 10" JL and it hits hard! I have heard good things about Wet Sounds so I assume a 10 would be more than enough. I placed mine in the helm so that if faces toward the gunnel and the bass has time to mature and bounce back at you. It looks like the grill on the Wet Sounds Woofer is even beefier than the JL so I wouldn't be too concerned with things bumping into it.
Do you have a picture?

Do you have a picture?
I apologize if you were looking for it in your same boat I meant to put in the original post mine is a FSH.
21500D99-7612-4A8B-B78F-ABF020EBF4FD.jpeg1AB78A07-F649-44D1-8904-8FAD27E143B8.jpeg

Back